• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2015 Spring/Summer Banter & complaint thread

dmc76

Pretty boring March here so far!!!, at least on Morch 12th 2012 I got an EF-1 tornado 2 miles from my house and went for a long walk along the tornado path lol (not that that will ever happen again).... Anybody have any stats on how cold the lakes are this year compared to normal? I'm worried the cold lake temps will suppress storms this spring into summer around here...

You don't exactly want to tempt fate by implying that's a good thing, honestly just a renegade garden variety t'storm would be nice since the snow season has been relatively quiet this year as well.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EURO and GFS will alternate with D7-10 action but it never seems to come to fruition.

I like that on the PSU eWall that the EURO is set up where it is an extra click to see the 8-10 day maps ... I don't even bother anymore.  I mean if the 8-10 projections were true then MBY would average 200" of snow a year :tomato:

"Lousy Smarch weather."

--Homer Simpson

Heck I am so weather bored that a 1/4" rain shower would be exciting :banned:

Well below average temps in March I would say is a pretty big deal, but that's just IMO.

To DMCs point having a couple days with high temps in the 30s is very typical in March into early April.  It happens basically every year including the infamous Morch where White Lake had a high of 37F on March 30, 2012.

Well below average temps in March I would say is a pretty big deal, but that's just IMO.

No. :lol: Come on stop being overdramatic specially we've had zero growing. It's a big deal when growing season has started. For right now...not a big deal. In fact its a non issue.

To DMCs point having a couple days with high temps in the 30s is very typical in March into early April. It happens basically every year including the infamous Morch where White Lake had a high of 37F on March 30, 2012.

The thing is much of this March has been consistently below average (versus just a couple days or so), and thus not typical.

No. :lol: Come on stop being overdramatic specially we've had zero growing. It's a big deal when growing season has started. For right now...not a big deal. In fact its a non issue.

So when we get our 90*F+ heatwave this summer, hopefully it will also be "not that big of a deal" and "a non issue." :P

The thing is much of this March has been consistently below average (versus just a couple days or so), and thus not typical.

DTW has actually seen more + than - days so far this month, though temperature anomaly is still a little negative as the cold shots outweighed the warm.

:huh: double :huh:  Where are you living the past week plus as the daily departures for DTW from March 8th to the 18th have all been normal to above normal ... I think you are being a bit dramatic.  Yes it looks like we are going to be below normal coming up for a few week.  Nothing earth shattering and nothing that hasn't happened before (i.e. models are not showing any record cold).

We had a clipper type system dump 6" here in the middle of April 1926.  With that in mind, I don't see why the map Powerball posted would be outrageous.

I know it can and probably has happened, but it would be an annoyance given how unusual it is (pretty hard to get that type of CAD in the WAA wing of a shortwave this time of year) and the fact that we're now into Spring..

EDIT: And to add insult, any snow that happens probably won't be massive, but definitely a nuisance. 

Tomorrow is the worst...total unwanted nuisance amount of snow around here.  The only thing that would help take the sting out a little would be if we could pull off a period of heavy rates. 

:weep:  :baby:  :violin:

Suck it up...it's late March, this is the kind of "winter" we do in these parts this time of the year. Outside of flukes like 3/24-25/2013 of course. 

:weep:  :baby:  :violin:

Suck it up...it's late March, this is the kind of "winter" we do in these parts this time of the year. Outside of flukes like 3/24-25/2013 of course. 

My bar is raised this time of year as you know.  Kind of ironic that I'm hoping for a period of heavy rates tomorrow given that I don't want snow, but that's what I'm going with since a complete miss doesn't appear to be an option.

My bar is raised this time of year as you know.  Kind of ironic that I'm hoping for a period of heavy rates tomorrow given that I don't want snow, but that's what I'm going with since a complete miss doesn't appear to be an option.

A complete miss would be worthless. But you know, I'll take any flakes anytime of the year. :)

On another note, I am yearning for some thunderstorm action though. Seems like it's been forever... 

A complete miss would be worthless. But you know, I'll take any flakes anytime of the year. :)

On another note, I am yearning for some thunderstorm action though. Seems like it's been forever... 

You might have seen your last boomer in LAF at this rate. 

Archived