Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The 'Pick your least favorite month of the year' Thread

Subtropics

Which month is your least favorite?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which month is your least favorite?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when does our severe "season" end in mid-July? Threats are usually popping up right though August. There were decent August events in 2010, 2012, and 2014, to name a few recent ones.

huh?

'past peak' is just that. peak is probably june generally.. july often more airmass storms. t-storms are on the decrease overall by aug.. sure we still have events, through like mid-sep often,. 

Not a single vote for Dec. Must be the holiday. A notsogreat snow month and shortest days of the year. I guess there are no sunlight weenies in the subforum. 

that was my vote just now.  i feel pretty comfortable with this choice.  just not much to like about it from a weather perspective.

April sux because of taxes and it's the first month when there is no reasonable chance of snow and it's 7 months before the next month when there is a reasonable chance.

Agree with April. Not really warm enough most of the time. Certainly, no significant snow chances. Severe usually sucks for April. No tropical stuff. For a weather enthusiast, it's yawn city. Yup.... The taxes suck, too.

MDstorm

I'm not sure why people consider July and August bad months storm wise. While discrete storms with hail or tornadoes peak in May/June, very few people will see anything of that sort in any given season whereas linear stuff later in the summer is much more likely to provide area-wide severe. There have been a ton of impressive storms in late July through mid September.

I'm not sure why people consider July and August bad months storm wise. While discrete storms with hail or tornadoes peak in May/June, very few people will see anything of that sort in any given season whereas linear stuff later in the summer is much more likely to provide area-wide severe. There have been a ton of impressive storms in late July through mid September.

agreed, some of the best lightining comes in those hot summer storms even if they are just the pulse type.

March.  Tired of cold (and hopefully snow) and it teases you with some warmth then gets raw again.  REALLY sucks in Iowa.  November is second least fav.  September has nicest wx around here, not most exciting but nicest.

Did someone say January because it doesn't snow?

Hard choice. I picked September because of the end of warm weather. But December  is a close second because of lack of sunlight and lack of snow to make up for it, followed by January, again because of low sunlight (though the increase snow chance is a positive).

FYI, my microclimate makes September not very nice weather...gets very cold and very windy fast - I have huge NW exposure, so the moment predominate wind direction switches to fall mode of northerly winds, frigid air arrives with a nice windchill within an hour. If I was 5 miles west, I probably wouldn't pick September.

Hard choice. I picked September because of the end of warm weather. But December  is a close second because of lack of sunlight and lack of snow to make up for it, followed by January, again because of low sunlight (though the increase snow chance is a positive).

FYI, my microclimate makes September not very nice weather...gets very cold and very windy fast - I have huge NW exposure, so the moment predominate wind direction switches to fall mode of northerly winds, frigid air arrives with a nice windchill within an hour. If I was 5 miles west, I probably wouldn't pick September.

Cold in September?  In Annapolis?  I wasn't aware there were 10,000 ft mountain ranges in Annapolis.

Archived