• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

Steve McCauley seems to think that subsidence to the west will limit things for DFW somewhat. But, I don't really see this in anything else. And moderate risk just to the south/southwest with boundary moving north.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see some decent clearing/thinning of the clouds to the S/SW now as well. It looks like the outflow boundary has possibly lifted as far north as just south of the DFW area?

I think it has, the cell in NW Tarrant county is probably causing the boundary to surge north a bit

CBS11 says boundary is believed to be in southern Denton/Collin or so now.

Denton County cell looks to have kicked off an outflow that is moving SE and seems to be interacting with the old boundary. It looks like the old boundary is sagging across the north side of Ft. Worth?

ETA: New Day 1 expanded to include all of DFW in Mod/10%

ETA 2: Based on the Red River and terrain up north of Denton, I bet we are about to see a lot of Dots racing back down I35 towards the cell SW of DFW 

Denton County cell looks to have kicked off an outflow that is moving SE and seems to be interacting with the old boundary. It looks like the old boundary is sagging across the north side of Ft. Worth?

ETA: New Day 1 expanded to include all of DFW in Mod/10%

ETA 2: Based on the Red River and terrain up north of Denton, I bet we are about to see a lot of Dots racing back down I35 towards the cell SW of DFW 

not quite all of DFW, but Dallas and half of Tarrant county... close enough to say the entire metro tho lol

Well, I was hoping for some of the flooding rains to hit my part of North Fort Worth, but that didn't happen. Wanted to test the drainage in the new place. But, we have had plenty of rain this week anyway despite it being west of us most days.

Glad no huge tornado hit the metro despite some smaller ones apparently doing damage.

Nice shots. It's been an impressive few days and thankfully, without many, if any casualties.

I heard there was one yesterday in Cisco unfortunately. With the damage pics I guess it isn't that surprising.

But yes, in general with so many millions of people and that much moisture around in May, it could have been worse.

55-hour storm total precipitation from the FWS radar, showing several area of 6-12" of rain in just over 2 days. Max is 16.8" at Eastland! Downtown Dallas and Fort Worth are up over 3".

2015_05_11_0443z_KFWS_stormtotal_54hr_C.

with models showing another 4 to as much as 8 inches of rain in the next 7 days!

Archived