• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

I've probably only had 2" of rain total over the last 55 days or so. Grass is turning brown (I don't water). I'm hoping for a downpour on Thursday/Friday, but it doesn't look like relief is on the way anytime soon. Temperatures in the upper 90's to near 101.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

104 at DFW today.... ugh, when does it start to cool off? 

I hear you. It really wouldn't be so bad if we could just catch a break every once in a while, instead of weeks or months straight of the heat like we usually get. I miss the midwest, lol.

I hear you. It really wouldn't be so bad if we could just catch a break every once in a while, instead of weeks or months straight of the heat like we usually get. I miss the midwest, lol.

This is totally new for me, since I'm from the NYC area and just moved to TX in January. It's great early in the year but we definitely pay for it now. I've definitely had enough of walking into a furnace whenever going outside. At least there's plenty of AC.

I guess the rain in May was just an utter tease to make up for no rain at all over summer. Ugh. Larry Cosgrove is being utterly depressing on his FB posts like he doesn't expect El Nino to really be any help at all this fall. We may be going back into drought as negative as his posts are.

Argh.

The high was a 100°F, but the dew point was 54°F and with a light breeze in the shade it almost felt pleasant prepping to replace some fending in the backyard.  However, the humidity is to return tonight with southerly wins.  :cry:

It's like the old joke:

"I've led a bad life.  I know I'm going to hell.  It's really hot there, but what I want to know is... Is it humid?  Cause I can take the dry heat."

Only made it to 99 today, but the low humidity made a huge difference. Local news is predicting 100+ the next 7 days, approaching 104-105 by the weekend with increasing humidity. Burn bans in the area already and I'll be surprised if Tyler isn't under one within a couple days. No relief in sight.

The GFS has some really dangerous heat building late next week from NE Texas through Alabama as the ridge builds east.  Even some 105-110°F with heat indices closing in on 120°F.  

Hope this prognostication changes...we're due to be heading back from ATL.  Just 2 days ago, a back door cold front was to provide refreshment.

06z GFS has DFW pushing 110 on Sunday and Monday....

Ugh.... Just got back from Ohio and PA to visit family. Never appreciated the summers up there but it was sure nice and spent most of it outside. Held on to my house up there and really considering moving back not sure I can take this heat.

At least it's not 2011.  :sizzle:

That is true. I still seem to remember more scattered thunderstorms even during that summer, though. Usually didn't get much rain but at least it was something to look at...

We could be worrying about wildfires if we don't get much rain over the next month.

That is true. I still seem to remember more scattered thunderstorms even during that summer, though. Usually didn't get much rain but at least it was something to look at...

We could be worrying about wildfires if we don't get much rain over the next month.

Time is on our side. Climo says we should start to ebb soon. Niño years are usually pretty good bets to go low on hundred degree days as well as an early end to summer. Of course, I hate summer. Maybe a little wish casting going on.

Archived