joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow can things change in a few hours. Now, to be frank here....is there any underground space at all that is accessible to the public in the Fort Worth/Keller/Mid-Cities area? I know there are no public shelters, but maybe a theater or some building with an underground section? I know it's extremely slight, but I don't feel comfortable riding out a severe tornado if one were to occur in my closet. Just a bit nervous with not having a basement here. At least in Kansas it was easy to just go to the basement. And living in Midland for the last five years, I don't think I ever had a tornado warning once for my specific location.

Wow can things change in a few hours. Now, to be frank here....is there any underground space at all that is accessible to the public in the Fort Worth/Keller/Mid-Cities area? I know there are no public shelters, but maybe a theater or some building with an underground section? I know it's extremely slight, but I don't feel comfortable riding out a severe tornado if one were to occur in my closet. Just a bit nervous with not having a basement here. At least in Kansas it was easy to just go to the basement. And living in Midland for the last five years, I don't think I ever had a tornado warning once for my specific location.

I'm thinking the same thing, only in SW Ft Worth... and it doesn't help that I live on the 3rd floor and there's no real safe spot anywhere in my apartment building, put me on the list that ALL new apartment/multi housing complexes in the metroplex be required to have a shelter of somesort in it

I'm thinking the same thing, only in SW Ft Worth... and it doesn't help that I live on the 3rd floor and there's no real safe spot anywhere in my apartment building, put me on the list that ALL new apartment/multi housing complexes in the metroplex be required to have a shelter of somesort in it

Jeez, that's ridiculous. Are the buildings at least retrofitted to withstand EF4/EF5 winds? Three floors up it wouldn't be good at all even in a closet. 

No shelters here either, although you're more favored than I am for a tornado like this. 

It lifted as we got closer. Still made for very nice viewing but we didn't quite make it for the money shot. Opted for the safe route south then back northwest than trying to get to Eastland on I20 through the ffd.

I was tempted to head out this afternoon but just too much going on and obviously tomorrow is a "no go" :lol:

Archived