Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're intercepting that cell now heading toward Harrisburg. On 15 heading north. Looks vicious from here. Already got lightning in the distance

If you take it to Camp Hill, I'd hook a left at the river and go toward 81. You have a good chance in the triangle there IMO. You can hop on 81/Werstville/11 quickly then too.

Nicest hailstone I've ever seen!

There's still a bit of a rotation couplet east of Boalsburg running along route 45 and just crossing 322 attm . Wonder if it's got anything going, that's a pretty good area to observe stuff of that nature.

There's still a bit of a rotation couplet east of Boalsburg running along route 45 and just crossing 322 attm . Wonder if it's got anything going, that's a pretty good area to observe stuff of that nature.

Yeah still some broad, weak rotation now a few miles east of State College. If you use your imagination, you can kind of see a ZDR arc offset from the max reflectivity and KDP, though a lot of that KDP is probably coming from melting hail.

Is this over Mag for our area?  I hope so. Streets are flooded here in town. 

Looks like one more area of some moderate rain about to move through, shouldn't be as heavy as it was with the bigger storms. I did drive around a little bit, there's def some significant run off and drainage issues. Surprised that the usual suspect streams I had a look at weren't out on the roads. 

Going to be coming for us later.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 92NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK755 PM EDT MON APR 20 2015SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 92 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 100 AM EDTFOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONSPAC015-025-069-079-089-095-103-115-127-131-210500-/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0092.150420T2355Z-150421T0500Z/PA.    PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED AREBRADFORD             CARBON              LACKAWANNALUZERNE              MONROE              NORTHAMPTONPIKE                 SUSQUEHANNA         WAYNEWYOMING$$

Cant blame the mountain for it either. It jumped north before Marysville and booked across the 81 bridge.

Nope.

I was going to post that it looks like that cell is going to track and ride just northwest of I-81 and might miss me here in the Skook, but after what I saw it do out there, who knows???

Archived