Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are schools closing down here? wtf

makes no sense... roads around here are just wet with maybe a dusting on some sidewalks and I don't see them getting any worse over the course of the day today. 

NWS State College posted an update on their facebook page just before 6am saying no change to forecast and then by 7:30 dropped forecast for a good number of locations including Harrisburg from 4-6" to 3-4" now

Why are schools closing down here? wtf

makes no sense... roads around here are just wet with maybe a dusting on some sidewalks and I don't see them getting any worse over the course of the day today. 

NWS State College posted an update on their facebook page just before 6am saying no change to forecast and then by 7:30 dropped forecast for a good number of locations including Harrisburg from 4-6" to 3-4" now

We are teaching the youth that when it snows the life as we know it stops. Just stay home, have some cocoa and pick up tomorrow. The big problem, now these kids entering the work force just dont come to work....."hey, its a snow day" i notcied the pattern a couple years ago, now its almost automatic with some.

Some of my higher-elevation friends say that they had snow on the roads this morning. I'll have to take their word for it because otherwise these school closings seem pointless. I get why the school districts do it and I generally don't have a problem with it, but I haven't seen a snow covered road today.

the roads in Altoona are very messy. A snow slush mix. AASD had a 2hr delay. All side streets are snow covered. We have a little over 4" right now and still coming down at good rate. If this goes until 1 I would imagine we'll definitely pick up another 1" to1.5".

Just passing the 6" mark now, wow talk about blitzed this morning. Moderate to heavy snow continues.

Wow...impressive.  Eyeballing 3-4" here at the moment with borderline heavy snow.  Things have really brightened in the last 20 minutes, even with the good rates, our parking lot is starting to melt of where it was somewhat covered 30 minutes ago.

Really pretty now though...wet snow and basically calm conditions allowing the snow to cling to the trees.

Wow...impressive.  Eyeballing 3-4" here at the moment with borderline heavy snow.  Things have really brightened in the last 20 minutes, even with the good rates, our parking lot is starting to melt of where it was somewhat covered 30 minutes ago.

Really pretty now though...wet snow and basically calm conditions allowing the snow to cling to the trees.

Yea I can tell it's starting to brighten up here too. Trying to make a run at the 7" mark before precip shuts off soon. The best snowstorm of the season would wait til March 20th haha. 

Yea I can tell it's starting to brighten up here too. Trying to make a run at the 7" mark before precip shuts off soon. The best snowstorm of the season would wait til March 20th haha. 

Won't make our best of the season here thanks to the unexpected 7+" over 36 hours from the Jan 26-27 storm, but probably some of the best sustained rates for a storm this season. I don't think I would have categorized more than a brief period here and there as legitimate heavy snow in any of the previous storms, excepting the squall events, of course.

Archived