SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fwiw my area forecast for 17102:

TuesdayRain likely before 2pm, then rain and snow. High near 46. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Tuesday NightRain and snow likely, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Northwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Decent stuff heading this way. It better start puking snow if we want to see 2-3" with this sun angle/temps

Yeah it looks pretty good for the next couple of hours.  If this event had started around 5-6AM we would have been in much better shape. Instead we are just starting to get into the heavier precip as noon approaches.  I think we will struggle to get more than a slushy inch in Bellefonte.  I will have to take a drive up Rt 504 to 2400' when I get off work at 3:30.

Yeah it looks pretty good for the next couple of hours.  If this event had started around 5-6AM we would have been in much better shape. Instead we are just starting to get into the heavier precip as noon approaches.  I think we will struggle to get more than a slushy inch in Bellefonte.  I will have to take a drive up Rt 504 to 2400' when I get off work at 3:30.

What's your elevation up there?

My office is only at about 775' asl.  Legit heavy snow here now though.  Should be interesting up by the radar site on 504...maxes out at about 2450' up there.

There was a noticeable increase in accumulation from my office at 775' to my apartment at 860' when I headed home. Then the final burst really put it down and we ended up at 2.7" here. Impressive late season event. Actually not that much more up at 2400', just less dense snow and clinging to the trees and brush more, along with 2-3" on the roadway.

Didn't get anything from today's event, seemed like things bumped just a bit north in the end and focused on the north-central portions of PA from near I-80 on up. Needed the steadier/heavy stuff to overcome the less than ideal b-layer temps today. I'm usually all in for a half decent snow event  if it's available but at the same time I wasn't too beat up about missing this one, I'm ready for things to get warm haha. 

Archived