Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow at the KTHV low this morning. "Only" 2 this morning on the car thermo (which I've noticed to be decently close to accurate). I'm sure there will be one more threat to track, especially for the folks further north, but I'll be sad to see this snowpack melt. I'm sure it'll be gone pretty soon once we hit the 40s, but probably not fast enough to cause flooding concerns.

"put it in the books at 5.5". Season to date 37". After the Record setting February, i'm ready for spring and summer and all the activities associated with them.

Its damn cold this morning, i had 9 in my Tahoe at 5am on my way to work. Our parking lot is a Cluster @%!# right now, solid ice. I used up almost the rest of my salt for the season on it....

My daughter text me last night, she is still at school has 1 more class today. She says "how much you get" i said 14"......She replies "yeah, bout the same here" we got a good kick out of that."

Haha. That's funny Sauss. Hopefully the sidewalks around campus weren't too bad unlike the roads which were a straight disaster. So many cars stuck this morning.

I'm on the road heading up to Saratoga Springs, NY for the 40th Annual Northeast Storms Conference. A lot of heavy hitters for speakers this year (Cantore, Ucellini and Kocin) so it's going to be a great weekend.

I'm looking forward to some warmer temperatures now that the area got hit with a good storm. Time to wrap it up. Bring on spring!!

"put it in the books at 5.5". Season to date 37". After the Record setting February, i'm ready for spring and summer and all the activities associated with them.

Its damn cold this morning, i had 9 in my Tahoe at 5am on my way to work. Our parking lot is a Cluster @%!# right now, solid ice. I used up almost the rest of my salt for the season on it....

My daughter text me last night, she is still at school has 1 more class today. She says "how much you get" i said 14"......She replies "yeah, bout the same here" we got a good kick out of that."

Haha. That's funny Sauss. Hopefully the sidewalks around campus weren't too bad unlike the roads which were a straight disaster. So many cars stuck this morning.

I'm on the road heading up to Saratoga Springs, NY for the 40th Annual Northeast Storms Conference. A lot of heavy hitters for speakers this year (Cantore, Ucellini and Kocin) so it's going to be a great weekend.

I'm looking forward to some warmer temperatures now that the area got hit with a good storm. Time to wrap it up. Bring on spring!!

Right on bro!!!

I'm ready to trade the plow and spreader for my John Deere :sun:

Enjoy your trip, sounds like a good time!

it was eerie outside, bright sun, pavement was steaming and there were puddles galore. yet the temp here is 18.  I blame global warming. OR the solar cycle, or aliens or Hillary Clinton's email.  just something to think about.

It's the Alien Solar Cycle that Hillary Clinton talks about in her email.  17/2

If any of you provided me snow totals last year to put in the map I make for the MA, please shoot me a PM with your totals this year. 

Or, if you want to be included, knowing that I don't go much further north than York on the map, feel free to send me some as well (with your lat/long) 

MillvilleWX: do you have totals for Carney this year? 

Thanks

MG

If any of you provided me snow totals last year to put in the map I make for the MA, please shoot me a PM with your totals this year.

Or, if you want to be included, knowing that I don't go much further north than York on the map, feel free to send me some as well (with your lat/long)

Thanks

MG

Not off the top of my head. I'll have to ask my dad since he still lives there. I think we're around 28-30". I'll shoot you a PM if/when I find out

Thanks

MG

Mine are in my signature and up to date.  We had 3 solid events.  The November paste bomb that dropped 5 inches set the stage, but everything else was nuisance until the last couple of weeks.  Bookend winter of sorts storm wise, except for the cold which was consistent. 

Not off the top of my head. I'll have to ask my dad since he still lives there. I think we're around 28-30". I'll shoot you a PM if/when I find out

If you have something concrete from him, that would be great. If not, no biggie. Just knew last year you gave me data.

Thanks I83!

Hoping for our first t storm this month!

The way this winter has been of late, maybe you'll experience it with a classic Miller A grand phased planetary wave nor'easter later this month!  Low heights under high heights are showing up in the modeling 7+ days out...Just sayin'...

The way this winter has been of late, maybe you'll experience it with a classic Miller A grand phased planetary wave nor'easter later this month!  Low heights under high heights are showing up in the modeling 7+ days out...Just sayin'...

As much as the US as a whole looks to moderate next week I'm not overly enthused of the prospects for the northeastern part of the country to see too much more than normal temps for this time of the year at best, at least initially. GFS in particular has been a turd in the punch bowl for the spring fling crowd in the northeast next week. Def will have to watch southern stream as well, models have had a couple waves loitering up the east coast in some way or another. If there's a well positioned high at the right time it could easily equate to another wet snowstorm. Otherwise, snowcover and said potential for canadian highs to the north to bleed in colder air suggest to me a more tempered warm-up. Not really a bad thing per say, anything near normal this time of the year aided by the sun will allow some meltdown during the day.. just more orderly. 

Didn't go sub zero as zero was the low this morning. Currently up to +3 here. I don't know about York though, they are reporting -8 at 7:00am, and were down to -9 at 4:00am. Is it legit, or something wrong with the sensor?

The asos is located next to a creek bottom and that allows them to record the low temps as the cold air drains down.

Archived