joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mar 10 - Easter Weekend model/threat discussion thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it's the only model that has it. Lol

Also, tell everyone the Easter egg hunts are cancelled this year and the bunny is frozen solid. The bunny is hard as a rock like the huge snowpack promised by the GFS to be on the ground at this time.  I would not go that far, in trusting the GFS yet. April looks cool and stormy, but no "Napril" until maybe the very end, according to some in the New England forum.

the bronx and northern queens are getting most of the snow now and looking at things shaping up those might be the areas that get hit with the inverted trof which to me looks like it wants to set up thru the city.more northeast,less south and west.you can actually see it start to pinwheel right over the bronx too on current radar and satellite loops. :whistle:

Pattern hemispherically is favorable for late season accumulating snow. -EPO/-AO blocking ridge over the pole w/ some transient east based -NAO ridging as well. Would like to see the PV a bit further south. MJO forecasts now have the wave dying in phase 3 or possibly turning back toward 1, which if correct, would imply that the cool pattern could continue for longer than anticipated. However, at this point I'd still lean toward a pattern transition in the 4/10-15 period.

264s4cx.png

Archived