joxey
OBS: Rain->snow Wednesday night-Thursday, March 4-5 2015

famartin

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But how much qpf have we lost already

Sent from my iPhone

Doesn't matter, we have a lot of moisture to work with.

32 degrees, starting to ice the water puddles now. Soon it'll be a winter wonder land :)

Also, flakes changing look, not as dense, though still pretty wet. 

Oh, and driveway now getting covered. Moderate snow.

PHL is gonna have a tough time getting above 3". Anywhere around that area for that matter. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone

We're up to almost 1" here in NW Philly.  Once the initial snow got chance to coat surfaces, that cooled the ground and it's starting to pile up pretty good.  Air temp is hovering around or just above freezing, but the snow is accumulating, even on the street.  A couple plow/salt trucks came through within the past 15 minutes (it was wild to see the plow on one truck sparking as it scraped the street earlier this morning), but the snow is still accumulating on the street even after being treated.

OBS

SN & fog (vis 1/2 mile)

33.1F

Winds calm

Snowing moderately now, with a coating on the ground, including the streets - 32F, as it's dropped 4F in the last 45 minutes.

As of 6:30 am, we finally have 1" on the ground, 2.5 hours after it started, and temps have dropped to 31F.  Snow falling moderately to almost heavily right now (visib slightly more than 1/4 mile) - gorgeous flakes.  Was just outside for a walk and it's great snowball snow, at this time.  

Wow.  Up to 1.5" now.  The flakes are not large either but it's like there's alot of of them and they are being laid down very efficiently (alot of fluff).

Air temp is still wavering just at or above freezing (33.0F). Still SN & fog, vis < 1/2 mile.  Winds light, NW.  Streets still getting covered (watched another smaller plow truck just go through to push aside the stuff that covered a cross street after the last plow that went through there cleared it about 45 minutes ago).

As of 6:30 am, we finally have 1" on the ground, 2.5 hours after it started, and temps have dropped to 31F.  Snow falling moderately to almost heavily right now (visib slightly more than 1/4 mile) - gorgeous flakes.  Was just outside for a walk and it's great snowball snow, at this time.  

As of 7:30 am we're up to 1.75" (about 3/4" in the last hour - would've thought it was 1" per hour rates, but the ruler never lies, lol) and it's still 31F.  It's just ripping out there - borderline heavy - this is going to be an awesome storm to watch from my recliner.  But I also urge folks to get out and about in it - words don't do justice to how gorgeous it is out there right now.  Can't wait for enough snow to make a good snow angel, lol...

Archived