• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS: Rain->snow Wednesday night-Thursday, March 4-5 2015

famartin

Easily 3.25 - 3.5"...should be 4" before long...coming down nice (mod-heavy). I'm in a pretty good location for this one.

29.8F

Road conditions - suck

Yep. I was shocked to just measure 4 inches in Oreland (5-7 miles to your south) We're in a great spot IMO

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easily 3.25 - 3.5"...should be 4" before long...coming down nice (mod-heavy). I'm in a pretty good location for this one.

29.8F

Road conditions - suck

Nice.  Similar conditions here in Spring Mount, PA as well.  Temp down to 28.8 degrees.

Glad I am able to work from home.

Here at work. Trying to look out the window every chance I get. At least moderate snow every time I look. Looked to be borderline heavy a few times. Wind is kickin'. Hoping it last until 5 or 6 so I can enjoy it at home for a couple hours. Radar looks pretty good.

I do it every time...hard to concentrate.

Wind is a added plus which I didn't really expect. Snow blowing off roof tops at times.

Get out this evening folks! (or sooner) Nice snow pack and a cold night with temps < 10F for many. Kinda nutty for March.

29.3F...approaching 4"

2.75" at 9 am and it's dropped to 30F - moderate to occasionally heavy snow...

3.25" as of 10 am and it's now 28F.  Much smaller, drier flakes - been mostly moderate snow the last hour - just missed that death band to our south.  Damn.  Still a great storm so far.  At least 6" looks pretty likely...

Glen upped totals

7-10 philly metro

4-7 upper bucks and berks county northward

2-4 lehigh valey and poconos 

Funny because i am seeing reports of 4" in Lehigh County RIGHT NOW. No more snow there? meh i think not

Heavy snow band moving into those upper regions currently

Unfortunately around here, it looks like we've been just on the outside of the major bands (which means subsidence).  Pretty small flakes.  Less than an inch in the last two hours.

2.7" Hatboro, PA, 29F

That is a shock, looking at radar and observations I would expect much better from Hatboro

Yep. I was shocked to just measure 4 inches in Oreland (5-7 miles to your south) We're in a great spot IMO

My sister is in Wyndmoor right next to you and they had reported that about 45 minutes ago..  This area got under a bit of the death band! :lmao:

SN & fog (fine flakes now)

Temp down to 28.8F

Wind NW, light w/moderate gusts

Funny because i am seeing reports of 4" in Lehigh County RIGHT NOW. No more snow there? meh i think not

Heavy snow band moving into those upper regions currently

The 4-7" is in Lehigh Valley. The smaller amounts were north of there.

This is a REALLY interesting storm. We rarely see anything like this, with a slowly sagging cold front. Normally if we're in the 40s and a cold front moves through, it just dries out as the cold air moves in. Banding and training means some areas probably get 10"+

Glenn

This is a REALLY interesting storm. We rarely see anything like this, with a slowly sagging cold front. Normally if we're in the 40s and a cold front moves through, it just dries out as the cold air moves in. Banding and training means some areas probably get 10"+

Glenn

Great work Glenn!

Very dynamic storm indeed.

Just measured north of kutztown/78 and we are at 5.25"

Visibility <1/4 mile

Glenn

Thanks for clarifying Glenn. It's a good snow for March and an unusual one at that.

Unfortunately around here, it looks like we've been just on the outside of the major bands (which means subsidence).  Pretty small flakes.  Less than an inch in the last two hours.

2.7" Hatboro, PA, 29F

Hard to believe unless you really got screwed or your ruler is bent the wrong way. In Horsham, a couple miles more N and 4"+ here.

27.5F mod snow.

Archived