• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 5th Storm Obs/Nowcasting

nj2va

I'd say 1" now in Edgewater. We were cranking for about 30 minutes until that lull slid up from the south. Looking to really get cranking when the precip starts to move south a bit

We came close to slotting there for about 15 minutes before it filled back in. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The depressive and pessimistic sort wont find this a good thread today I hope. Leave that sh*t outside.

Quips about the baro-The minute DC area was in 30.1 range is when it flipped to snow-I told you that yesterday.

Quips about the end time-Get you head out of the models as*. Look at the steady stream of moisture, there is very little southward sinkage. The cut off that might effect us is in central Kentucky, and yes I emphasized for Days what was going on in Kentucky, wont be here any earlier than 8pm and I am not sure that edge will be the "ender" come 8pm anyway. Whoever the f*ck posted "it's ending" should be booted. This is the time for snow lovers to step to the front and kick the mondo depressos to the curb.

Radar I'm looking at just keeps filling in back in WV (GR2Analyst on LWX radar). We should be good for a good while. Bands DO seem to be becoming more SW-NE oriented rather than WSW to ENE. 

I didnt mean that we werent...I just dont see it snowing until 10pm-midnight as was suggested..an end time for DC around 00z still seems legit

you can't write this winters script better.. el nino announced today after giant comeback. wow.

hFQg596.gif

I posted yesterday that the warmest temps were at and just east of the dateline, the perfect spot for us in the MA

and.......GFS is toying with a storm at or just after St. Patty's day

who knows?

For those of us who don't live in the northern Hinterlands of the Mid Atlantic, this storm is really just starting. The early flip was actually a bonus. 8 inches in Northern MD and 6 from Winchester/Leesburg and Frederick. They will all exceed a foot. This is a great storm. Moderate snow, 29.3 (steady decline).

Archived