• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gino27
    Newest Member
    Gino27
nj2va

March 5th Storm Obs/Nowcasting

Why do you say this? Back edge appears to be making good progress, I'm thinking we hold on to light stuff til maybe 6.

Because the warning says it will end between 6pm and 9pm... which is 23z-02z... I guess?

roads look fine for the amount of snow that has fallen, and it is really bright outside.

It is really bright because it is THE middle of the day with a sky full of White snow.

I think some of you are failing to realize that while yes, the plume of moisture is moving ENE to NE, but the backedge is actually coming from the northwest because of the cold front sagging south..SO our back edge of decent snow is basically from Harrisburg to just west of Martinsburg and dropping southeast....this aint a Nor'easter

Exactly, and it's been making good progress just as the models showed, heaviest stuff ending in DC by 3 or 4.

It's about to get really good for I95 folks. The next 3-4 hours we should be getting our best show. Snowing really hard, down to 29.6 (low for the day). Got really dark also.

I think some of you are failing to realize that while yes, the plume of moisture is moving ENE to NE, but the backedge is actually coming from the northwest because of the cold front sagging south..SO our back edge of decent snow is basically from Harrisburg to just west of Martinsburg and dropping southeast....this aint a Nor'easter

Not so sure about that. Isn't that stuff in west virginia headed our way as well?

wow man, what a major major snow event this is...........I mean, Just WOW

Fatties are blowing all over the place.

We are a Snowtown. Plain and fruckin' simple.

Why do you say this? Back edge appears to be making good progress, I'm thinking we hold on to light stuff til maybe 6.

I could see it back-fill some as it gets closer to DC

Exactly, and it's been making good progress just as the models showed, heaviest stuff ending in DC by 3 or 4.

True but there also seems to be a ripple moving through into west va right now. I think that could keep us going longer. Think we are fine through the afternoon.

Are temps warmer than forecast? I was under the impression that we were going to be in the upper 20's by the time good rates rolled around. I'm just bouncing between 30.5 and 31.5

2.2 on Driveway

3.4-3.6 on grass

Which one is considered official?

Neither. Driveway will endure a lot of melting and grass allows the ruler to sink in too much potentially. Snow board is best. However, I use a surface that isn't asphalt. 

a touch shy of 4 inches here but close enough to say 4. Probably some compaction but I'll go with that total here for now. Lighter rates for now.