joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Storm Obs/Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed that the ground is frozen very hard. This, despite 40 degrees and some rain, and melting snow mainly from above freezing air temps. On the north side of the house there was meltwater that has frozen into about nine inches of solid ice over the grass. Even in south facing areas, that ground is hard as a rock under a little surface mud. Suffice it to say the ground will support snowpack. Once we get that column straightened out and get all snow, it will pile up. Man have we  built up some profound surface frigidization! The meat freezer conditions of the past few weeks will NOT BE DENIED.

35 and some light rain. Plenty of snowpack remaining. Today we will top out at 46 then the winds will turn north and the fun will begin.

Just wanted to drop by and give you guys props for an epic comeback this year.

Glad we can all share in the shear epicosity of this storied season.

We snow.

You snow.

We all snow.

I think we all have one more good shot just aftetr the equinox, or thereabouts...

Peace.

Existing snowpack is at an ice-encrusted 6" this morning. Will be interesting to see what the "torch" rains today do to the coverage before the flip tonight. 43F with <1/2" rain is very different than the 58F >3/4" rain forecast from 5 days ago.

Nice.  I put down 1" for my CoCoRahs report this morning.  Probably 70% snowcover/30% grass at this point.

37.6 currently. Birds were all chirping outside when I dropped the girls off for school. Had the feeling of an early spring day but with snow still on the ground. I am actually not looking forward to the snow tomorrow. This will again hamper getting my daughters pony here from PA. We have had to postpone it 3 times now. Not like she can ride with all this snow on the ground but she has been looking forward to him coming. Hoping her trainer can get the trailer dug out for a pick up on Friday. 

37.6 currently. Birds were all chirping outside when I dropped the girls off for school. Had the feeling of an early spring day but with snow still on the ground. I am actually not looking forward to the snow tomorrow. This will again hamper getting my daughters pony here from PA. We have had to postpone it 3 times now. Not like she can ride with all this snow on the ground but she has been looking forward to him coming. Hoping her trainer can get the trailer dug out for a pick up on Friday. 

No offense, but this has #firstworldproblems written all over it. :)

Just wanted to drop by and give you guys props for an epic comeback this year.

Glad we can all share in the shear epicosity of this storied season.

We snow.

You snow.

We all snow.

I think we all have one more good shot just after the equinox, or thereabouts...

Peace.

Thanks, Benchmark. You'll snow into April, easily. You should make a run at 150 inches in Boston!

Existing snowpack is at an ice-encrusted 6" this morning. Will be interesting to see what the "torch" rains today do to the coverage before the flip tonight. 43F with <1/2" rain is very different than the 58F >3/4" rain forecast from 5 days ago.

In Dale City we have about 50 percent areal snow coverage. Depths range from an inch in some exposed areas to 3-4 inches on the north facing hills and places to the north of sunlight blocking objects. I am at 43 degrees as well. Clouds seem to be helping with keeping temps cool. That ground is very very COLD, and frozen.

Archived