joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Storm Obs/Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 storms over 6", another two 3-4", record cold.... All-in-all this winter will be remembered by me as a very good one-- in the tier right below the HECS winters.

How did this area do in 87/88? I'm thinking this winter and last was the best two year stretch since 66/67 and 67/68. Single most amazing part of this winter. 

I wonder when the last triple climo+ winters was... heh...

How did this area do in 87/88? I'm thinking this winter and last was the best two year stretch since 66/67 and 67/68. Single most amazing part of this winter.

We got about 6-7" in the Veterans Day storm, but did have two nice January snows (one of them was warm in DC). We were close to climo that season.

Edited to add: Many of the suburbs, though, were above climo for 92/93 and 93/94.

87-88 had the freak vet day storm. 11.5 in dc and like 16" in pg county. Take that out and the winter sucked. D&F were T months. Jan was ok with 13". 

86-87 was awesome. Last 2 years remind me of that year. 

Man I love snow storms that end cold and  remain cloudy with occasional flurries; and the sound of snowblowers and scraping echoing through the neighborhood. What a nice desert to cap off what has turned out to be a very tasty winter!   

Archived