Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 5th Storm Obs/Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup - mentioned it earlier. It's incredibly bright, even under those really good returns.

My street is totally covered, and even the secondary roads out here are snow/slush. I think there's some SAS effect, but it's still piling up OK. The snow is really dense, though.

Definitely not a huge factor but yay sun angle season. :P

I like clumpy snow.

I think some of you are failing to realize that while yes, the plume of moisture is moving ENE to NE, but the backedge is actually coming from the northwest because of the cold front sagging south..SO our back edge of decent snow is basically from Harrisburg to just west of Martinsburg and dropping southeast....this aint a Nor'easter

I think some of you are failing to realize that while yes, the plume of moisture is moving ENE to NE, but the backedge is actually coming from the northwest because of the cold front sagging south..SO our back edge of decent snow is basically from Harrisburg to just west of Martinsburg and dropping southeast....this aint a Nor'easter

Exactly, and it's been making good progress just as the models showed, heaviest stuff ending in DC by 3 or 4.

Not so sure about that. Isn't that stuff in west virginia headed our way as well?

Archived