SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 5th Storm Obs/Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here.  I can't recall one event where we had 12 hours of heavy rains followed by significant snow.  I may be too negative, but I'm not feeling this one.

Wasn't 12 hours of heavy rains, but only one that jogs my memory is the epic 10-10-79 storm. Rain and even some thunder in evening/overnight, switched to heavy wet snow and brought down trees and powerlines galore late night early am. But that had help 'cuz a low formed on front and pushed up thru eastern VA.

Wasn't 12 hours of heavy rains, but only one that jogs my memory is the epic 10-10-79 storm. Rain and even some thunder in evening/overnight, switched to heavy wet snow and brought down trees and powerlines galore late night early am. But that had help 'cuz a low formed on front and pushed up thru eastern VA.

Remember that storm very well; it is my first vivid weather memory.  14" of snow in Warren County, including thunder snow.  I've never seen such tree devastation since.  Absolutely remarkable event.

.25" so far this evening. Why don't we call this the "Far-fetched Storm" in honor of the source of the fetch from way down below Hawaii?  Been a while since we had a moisture train like this....   If by chance this does bust (the mere concept is revolting) then it would be appropriately named from that perspective too.  The title could be interpreted a bit schizophrenically and suit either result - boom or bust....

Archived