Newest Member
    joxey
3/4-5/2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

Paradoxical, but perfectly descriptive. 21 F and snow here...donut hole of dryness sitting over the Sound & Fairfield & New Haven Counties drifting SE...will be hard to avoid around here.

Watching that utterly inexplicable expanding dry area move over the area per the animated radar loop...it seemed reminiscent of another restraint of water at the Red Sea some 3400 years ago...or maybe I just have a vivid imagination. 

Watching that utterly inexplicable expanding dry area move over the area per the animated radar loop...it seemed reminiscent of another restraint of water at the Red Sea some 3400 years ago...or maybe I just have a vivid imagination.

Might be dry air filtering down the CT River valley on the N wind.

Hopefully that pushes off to the east...its annoyingly stationary

Monmouth and Ocean are in the best spot , Union , Staten Island Brooklyn Queens are going to be right on the line .

I think we do OK for a bit .

Looks like the Edison area will be right on the NW edge of the current/future batch of precip coming up from the SW - it needs to have a more northward component to not slide by to my SE, I think.  Unless it backbuilds.  

Guest Pamela

Hopefully that pushes off to the east...its annoyingly stationary

Should fill in as soon as the chariots move in...lol.

I'm snowing nicely still. Close to moderate.

You guys are hanging on a little better to the east, and were back to solid -SN at the battery as well... it looked like the radar was weakening to our NW when we were already in the precip hole, let's see what this can do here tho.

Radar is midleading on this storm for sure, have to work hard to find out whats happening.. dendrites are being made very high up this storm, like 400-500mb as per what bufkit was telling me last i looked yesterday..so i think the KDIX radar beam is picking up on those dendrites from far away producing those returns, meanwhile, the lower levels are having a strong feed of cold/dry air, allowing those dendrites to sublimate in the stronger precip holes weve seen work through.

Archived