joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4-5/2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You realize that pros who want to contribute are leaving this subforum because of moronic posts like this, right?

It's all good, I take no offense to the criticism. I think some people think I'm purposely trying to be a downer on the snowfall, but truth is i love the snow. I'll gladly bust low

Jut trying to call it how i see it and try to bring a reality check to a forum that constantly seems to favor the highest snowfall possible each storm.

I'm pleasantly surprised that some of these heavier snow bands are reaching NNJ thus far. Thought they would be confined to CNJ on south. If this keeps up, we would see a more general snowfall across much of the state. Impressive storm. Hope it keeps up!!! :snowman:

Likewise... It's been a welcomed surprise thus far. :thumbsup:

Three milestones for NYC (Central Park):

3.4": Would bring March's snowfall to 10.0" for the first time since March 1996

5.0": Would bring seasonal snowfall to 40.0"

6.7" Would make March 2015 the snowiest March since March 1967 when 17.4" snow fell

Fantastic post as always Don. Very informatice.. Likely we are close to breaking the 1st benchmark in CPK ( even with THAT zoo keeper)

Three milestones for NYC (Central Park):

3.4": Would bring March's snowfall to 10.0" for the first time since March 1996

5.0": Would bring seasonal snowfall to 40.0"

6.7" Would make March 2015 the snowiest March since March 1967 when 17.4" snow fell

Didn't the superstorm of 1993 drop more than 6.7' of snow in NYC?  I was living in Flushing at the time and i thought we had about 10 inches during the superstorm.

Archived