SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/4-5/2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just took a walk outside in Midtown - most sidewalks and streets still just black - light to moderate snow at the moment

hmm i'm in the el barrio section of manhattan above 110 street and all the sidewalks are snow covered as well as the streets..maybe our area will get more snow than lower manhattan will :P

The NW extent of the decent 20-25 DBZ radar doesn't seem to be sinking SE much, which is a great sign for folks up there and for those of us to the SE.  I recall reading that some of that isn't falling as heavily as it would seem, likely due to cold, dry air advection near the surface leading to sublimation (famartin posted about that last night), but hopefully that can be overcome. 

The NW extent of the decent 20-25 DBZ radar doesn't seem to be sinking SE much, which is a great sign for folks up there and for those of us to the SE.  I recall reading that some of that isn't falling as heavily as it would seem, likely due to cold, dry air advection near the surface leading to sublimation (famartin posted about that last night), but hopefully that can be overcome. 

Seems a but heavier now over here in Colonia, how bout over your way?

2.75" at 9 am and it's dropped to 30F - moderate to occasionally heavy snow...looks like 6" is a lock...hopefully more...

3.25" as of 10 am and it's now 28F.  Much smaller, drier flakes - been mostly moderate snow the last hour - just missed that death band to our south.  Damn.  Still a great storm so far.  At least 6" looks pretty likely...

Archived