• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4-5/2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

Its been snowing here for about an hour now..  Having a difficult time accumulating on pavement as well. 

It will take a little time for the snow to begin accumulating on the wet pavement but eventually it will overcome that as the temperature continues to fall and the precipitation becomes heavier.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the water vapor loop, it looks like a disturbance in the Pacific just cut off the feed of moisture. Was that expected? Will it kick back in?

I'm a newb, so if I'm completely wrong about what I saw, my bad.

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/dml/comp/goes/nhem/wv.html

Whatever is going on in the Pacific is not going to affect what happens in the New York metro over the next 12 hours. It's too far upstream.

After about 45 minutes of a sleet/ rain mix....it has finally flipped to mainly snow in rockland county. Maybe 20% sleet still mixed in....but the transition is just about complete. That being said...it's fallingpretty lightly, and is very watery. Gonna be a good while before anything can stick on the pavement.

38 and rain...I think the rain snow line is taking longer than progged

I have never seen 1 person make so many wrong posts inside 1 winter yet continue to post nonsense ad nauseam .

Do you ever go back after an event and look at just how often you are wrong ?   Next winter you go on ignore .

Change over time @ KNYC area  was modeled around 3 am , looking  like it is right on schedule .

Once we change that is what is left .

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/index_loop.php

Archived