joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4-5/2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea i thought of that after I posted it... haha.   yes a little harder to see.  But the general point is that it's coming.... 

BLM if you are trying to show the 0c line at the various levels, turn the radar off to make it more clear.

It's actually funny how I'm getting mixed precip before my hometown has any from the same system, when this afternoon it was a very muggy 70 degrees and I'm at the latitude of Jacksonville, FL. :lol:

That's the Hill Country for you this time of year, I guess. 

N TX is getting raked tonight from this line of precip and it looks like it should at least swipe us down here, so it could be a very interesting few hours if it cools down another 5 degrees. 

Not such a nice evening for watching the sunset at The Oasis, eh?

I have a feeling that a band of heavier precip will turn a lot of NJ over to snow all at once. 0c line seems to be progressing must faster aloft than at the surface. Watch everyone north of 202/22 turn to snow together by 230/3a

I was just thinking the same thing, MSV ABE FWN are struggling to changeover a bit since they're under lighter precip, this may be why the RGEM hardly advances the rain snow line 06-09z but moves it quickly after that.

I was just thinking the same thing, MSV ABE FWN are struggling to changeover a bit since they're under lighter precip, this may be why the RGEM hardly advances the rain snow line 06-09z but moves it quickly after that.

The heavier echoes should "pull down" the colder air aloft along with the dynamic cooling and I think it's going to be a sudden flip to all snow

The heavier echoes should "pull down" the colder air aloft along with the dynamic cooling and I think it's going to be a sudden flip to all snow

It's gonna be any minute for you snowman19. I just flipped to sleet. Moderate sleet falling

Its been snowing here for about an hour now..  Having a difficult time accumulating on pavement as well. 

Archived