SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 5 Snow Thread-Model Discussion ONLY

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol @ taking the NWS forecast seriously. They are either playing catch up after the event started, or ballsy 24 hours in advanced.

Come on, you've been following the weather long enough to know what is realistic given the set up. Calm down. Enjoy the ride.

I don't that's why their 8-10 doesn't comfort me when things are trending the wrong way. Look I'm not going to clog up this thread with anymore about this but we need the bleeding south to stop at 12z. This is directed at the md line area, yesterday when I got up and looked at all the overnight runs they plastered us with 8-15" depending on the run. It was a qpf bomb with one consolidated wave. Today I got up and euro looked perfect but nam gfs gefs sref and rgem all trended dryer and more strung out with the wave. I'm not saying its over. Euro could be right and 12z bounces back to a stronger wave idea but if 12z continues this trend our last chance to get a nice 10" snow up here could easily turn into another Blah 3-4". I don't stick my head in the sand. Last I'll say on this. Will wait firv12z and hope for a more amped solution.

I don't that's why their 8-10 doesn't comfort me when things are trending the wrong way. Look I'm not going to clog up this thread with anymore about this but we need the bleeding south to stop at 12z. This is directed at the md line area, yesterday when I got up and looked at all the overnight runs they plastered us with 8-15" depending on the run. It was a qpf bomb with one consolidated wave. Today I got up and euro looked perfect but nam gfs gefs sref and rgem all trended dryer and more strung out with the wave. I'm not saying its over. Euro could be right and 12z bounces back to a stronger wave idea but if 12z continues this trend our last chance to get a nice 10" snow up here could easily turn into another Blah 3-4". I don't stick my head in the sand. Last I'll say on this. Will wait firv12z and hope for a more amped solution.

remember bernie rayno predicted the models would shift south, oh my just waiting for this to begin see what happens

Every member of the 06z suite came in drier.  These numbers are estimates for my back yard, but it's pretty widespread.

00z

NAM  0.83"

RGEM  0.67"

HR RGEM  0.91"

GFS  0.55"

06z

NAM  0.67"

RGEM  0.55"

HR RGEM  0.75"

GFS  0.35"

For jyo the 0z and 6z were nearly identical in fact the 6z nam was a little more robust. Gfs was a little less but not much...changeover time is uncertain for me. Don't have the RGEM ...I'm sticking with my 6.8" call for the burg

For jyo the 0z and 6z were nearly identical in fact the 6z nam was a little more robust. Gfs was a little less but not much...changeover time is uncertain for me. Don't have the RGEM ...I'm sticking with my 6.8" call for the burg

I think that's a pretty good call for us. Im thinking changeover between 1 and 3 am

9Z SREF mean has DC comfortably within the 0.5" contour for the period of accumulating snow (12z Thursday - 12z Friday).  Baltimore is fairly comfortable within that contour too.

If I recall correctly, that's more or less the range we were looking at not too long ago for the snow part.  I think people got a bit wide-eyed at some of the more extreme solutions that were pushing upwards of a foot of snow in some areas in the last day or so.

Looks like RGEM cut you back by about 0.2", but it's hard to tell.

NAM through 9 looks almost identical to its last run. 

At 15hrs, still similar, but SLP is further east than prior runs, over the center of the VA-NC border. - 3z, prob snow in Hagerstown...

Meanwhile, 4k nam at hr 3 (yes, I know) seems to be wetter over KY, TN, WV.

Archived