• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS 3/3-3/5/2015 The 3 Part Sandwich Event!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMFG :axe:

Just got in after driving from downtown (by the river) up here to Chestnut Hill after making a stopover in Wyndmoor. :axe: :axe: :axe:

Left when it had gone from flurries to light snow and on the way, with temps at 28F, the snow changed to sleet, then to some graupel, then to rain and sleet, then mostly rain, and then by the time I got up into the hills, the temp was down to 27F (per the car) and a friggin' sleetfest (mixed with freezing rain).  Just stepping out of the car onto the street was a nightmare as the temps are still below freezing and the car was coated with ice that froze on contact.  Estimate about 0.25" sleet (a good coating on the grass and the street, with some melting of it on warmer surfaces and due to the rain mixing in).  Temp appears to be wavering.

Current OBS

IP (mostly) & ZR
29.3F

Winds light, SSE

:axe:

OMFG :axe:

Just got in after driving from downtown (by the river) up here to Chestnut Hill after making a stopover in Wyndmoor. :axe: :axe: :axe:

Left when it had gone from flurries to light snow and on the way, with temps at 28F, the snow changed to sleet, then to some graupel, then to rain and sleet, then mostly rain, and then by the time I got up into the hills, the temp was down to 27F (per the car) and a friggin' sleetfest (mixed with freezing rain).  Just stepping out of the car onto the street was a nightmare as the temps are still below freezing and the car was coated with ice that froze on contact.  Estimate about 0.25" sleet (a good coating on the grass and the street, with some melting of it on warmer surfaces and due to the rain mixing in).  Temp appears to be wavering.

Current OBS

IP (mostly) & ZR

29.3F

Winds light, SSE

:axe:

Deep winter, enjoy

Last winter you had a cake. Snowpack here isn't as thick but does have a lot of cool layers in it.

:lol: that cake was better than a Buffington. More like an extra thick carvel cookie puss this winter.

I ventured south today, haven't been south in a couple months. Was totally surprised on the lower snow depth just 10 miles to my south. 15-20 miles away i was spotting bare yards. Crazy stuff my pack is a healthy 11"

:lol: that cake was better than a Buffington. More like an extra thick carvel cookie puss this winter.

I ventured south today, haven't been south in a couple months. Was totally surprised on the lower snow depth just 10 miles to my south. 15-20 miles away i was spotting bare yards. Crazy stuff my pack is a healthy 11"

Have some bare spots here, around pine trees and on south facing hills, still have a good 6" or so in shaded areas. Still about 85-90% coverage. Will be interesting to see how it looks in the morning and at the end of the day tomorrow. Really nice that we have the potential for more tomorrow night and Thursday.

Landed. Now for the terrible drive up to central bucks. How the roads up that way?

My normally 50 minute commute took 90 minutes.   City roads were OK, but once out of Wyndmoor, it became icy.

309 was slush covered with speeds of about 40 mph.   Local roads into Bucks county from there where icy.   611 was almost at a standstill and slick.     That was an hour ago.

We had .2" of sleet at my house when I got home (Warrington Twp).   Probably an addition .1" has accumulated since then.

Funny, I saw all these roads brined-up this morning.   A lot of good that did!   Sleet falling heavily at times has overwhelmed the brine.

All the best getting home.

Archived