Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

29F this morning and a high of 55F currently 46F with creepy clouds, perfect Halloween weather day.[/quote

Really nice day overall down here 67 today more balmy days on the way!!....posted my winter weather outlook very warm Nov and Dec then below normal mid January on....20"-38" at the airport...cringing at the warmth in the Pacific though...so BOOM OR BUST probably somewhere in between.

29F this morning and a high of 55F currently 46F with creepy clouds, perfect Halloween weather day.[/quote

Really nice day overall down here 67 today more balmy days on the way!!....posted my winter weather outlook very warm Nov and Dec then below normal mid January on....20"-38" at the airport...cringing at the warmth in the Pacific though...so BOOM OR BUST probably somewhere in between.

Trying to counter balance the fact that we are due for a dud dead ratter winter with some promising atmospheric indices. My vastly simplified take for the coming winter is a sort of milder version of 2010 which was not a particularly cold one in itself. I expect an active storm track and to see the bulk of our snow accumulations to come the second half of winter. My breakdown is:

December +3F with two or three notable mild periods

January +1F a significant Jan thaw but some good snow chances so snow will finish normal to above

February -2F A return of the big snowstorm absent the last four winters a good weenie month

Snow totals for SEPA 35"-45" south to north

I like the "boom or bust" potential as huge as well therefore would not be surprised if it ends up mostly warm and muddy or knee deep in drifts. It would be fun to see December turn out cold that would throw a monkey wrench in it and confound many :lol:

Trying to counter balance the fact that we are due for a dud dead ratter winter with some promising atmospheric indices. My vastly simplified take for the coming winter is a sort of milder version of 2010 which was not a particularly cold one in itself. I expect an active storm track and to see the bulk of our snow accumulations to come the second half of winter. My breakdown is:

December +3F with two or three notable mild periods

January +1F a significant Jan thaw but some good snow chances so snow will finish normal to above

February -2F A return of the big snowstorm absent the last four winters a good weenie month

Snow totals for SEPA 35"-45" south to north

I like the "boom or bust" potential as huge as well therefore would not be surprised if it ends up mostly warm and muddy or knee deep in drifts. It would be fun to see December turn out cold that would throw a monkey wrench in it and confound many :lol:

Seems like we are in the same ball park...either way you slice it warm wet vs cold wet there will be extremes for sure I expect this

RECENT MODEL RUNS HAVE TRENDED TOWARD A MORE PROGRESSIVE SOLUTION

WITH REGARDS TO HOW QUICKLY THE COLD FRONT MOVES SOUTH AND EAST OF

OUR AREA ON SATURDAY. REFLECTED THIS TREND IN THE FORECAST BY

LOWERING PRECIP CHANCES FOR EARLY IN THE WEEKEND. FOR SATURDAY,

CONFINED CHANCE POPS TO THE SOUTHERN HALF OF THE FORECAST AREA.

SATURDAY NIGHT IS NOW DRY. THE NEXT FORECASTER ON THE DAY SHIFT

TODAY, WHOSE LAST (BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST) FORECAST WILL BE

PUBLISHED THIS AFTERNOON AFTER RETIRING FROM AN ASTOUNDING 34-YEAR

CAREER OF DEDICATED PUBLIC SERVICE IN THE NWS, MAY BE ABLE TO

LOWER POPS EVEN MORE (BEFORE HE RIDES OFF INTO THE SUNSET) IF THIS

PROGRESSIVE TREND CONTINUES WITH THE 12Z GUIDANCE.

So who is checking out today?  I know Tony should be close (as am I).

Whoever it is, congrats!  :thumbsup::clap:

Beautiful week coming up weather-wise in the area!

Beautiful day here in NW Chester County - below a shot from my backyard webcam at the time of high temp. That 74.9 was still well short of the 80.0 record high set way back in 1974. So far this month we are averaging 8.2 degrees above normal compared with October's 1.8 below normal readings for here in Chester County. It looks like quite a few additional above normal days between now and Turkey Day before more winter like conditions begin to set in.

post-341-0-06261100-1446681796_thumb.jpg

Are they really 3 cold shots? They are the 25th, 28th, and 30th. I would think maybe it's one long one or perhaps 2, the 28th and 30th really just one. How warm are the anomalies in the intervening days, esp the 29th?

The anomalies aren't warm in the intervening days, just not as cold but anomalies were still negative. You could see the shots start and Canada and go here 3 times so they were three cold shots.

Archived