Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up 0.39" in a surprise shower overnight - current MTD rain at 1.83" (0.57" below normal)

High yesterday was 87.1 - 2nd warmest day of the year behind only July 19th when the high temp made it to 88.4.

Through the 17th here in NW Chesco our average hi for Aug has been 80.8 and a low of 62.8 or 1.6 degrees below normal in temps

I hit 90.7F yesterday and bottomed out at 73.9F this morning. Not extreme heat but I'm looking forward to Sept.

The thermometer here says it got down to 69F last night - with the 93F high yesterday that equals a 24F spread, compared to just shy of 17F at your place. My thermometer only does whole numbers, but it's usually in the ballpark. Interesting difference!

Is there a correlation between the El Niño we're in and the pretty uneventful summer we've had?

One of the more boring summers of my life weather wise my money is on the El Nino

Currently sunny and still bone dry here was expecting to get up to clouds this morning. Feel like I been waiting for this front since July...

I know the front that is like watching paint dry is going to get here finally this evening but still mostly sunny

12z GFS has bumped up QPF

Mostly cloudy here much of the day. Some real dark clouds in the mix as well. A mod shower coming through now. Looks like any good stuff won't arrive until later this afternoon/evening.

Can't wait to see the net liquid results of this slow frontal passage. Models keep wanting to weaken it as it crosses southeast PA, even the venerable future radars sputter it out right over top of me.

Over/ Under on 1"? I think under

Over.

Picked up .11 in the past hour or so. Another small batch moving in then the bulk not that far behind.

Archived