• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

Still most impressive line of storms so far this season. Chester county over 50k without power, I'm one of them although rough stuff about 25 ne of me when it came by. No damage to report here, just power out.

Sure as hell isn't myself or many others but I see your point. It was an impressive line just too far to my S/WSW...

Super refreshing air coming in right now which is good...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure as hell isn't myself or many others but I see your point. It was an impressive line just too far to my S/WSW...

Super refreshing air coming in right now which is good...

I was thinking that although we don't usually see them in these parts (probably because of the elevation beyond the coastal plain that tends to break these storms up), this seemed almost like a derecho.... particularly since it held together all the way across PA, through NJ, and out into the ocean.

What a severe weather event. I didn't get winds above 40 at my location. The rapid changes were unreal.  I couldn't see anything at the height of the storm.  Saw small branches/leaves get blown all over the place.  Thankfully, didn't see any damage. 

Now other locations were pounded with numerous trees down.  Seeing reports of winds to 70mph, which was exactly what the Severe Thunderstorm Watch had early in the day.  Glad I warned folks earlier in the day about this threat.  Glad I headed home before the storms hit.  

Accuwx is reporting that a spotter reported a funnel cloud near Blue Bell.

5:42 p.m. EDT Tuesday: A funnel cloud was spotted near Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, a National Weather Service trained spotter reports.

I believe it because whatever the hell passed over me was pretty nasty.  PECO is reporting 163,000 outages in SE PA.

My niece called about 20 minutes ago and asked how she could go to sleep when the sky was so bright and yellow-orange... at night! Agree that it was hard to capture the yellow/orange and blue of the sky with an iPhone, although I noticed an accidental video clip of it did get the blue in there.

KYW just said that PECO is now reporting 214,000 outages - Delco has the most followed by Chesco.  PATCO is also shut down.

Picked up 0.40" in the t-storm here in NW Chesco

Rain so far this month now at 5.48" +2.29" MTD

YTD rain at 20.31" still 1.87" below normal

High today here was 85.6 - still no 90 degree readings here in East Nantmeal and KMQS in Coatesville....been almost 2 years now since we have had a 90+ day.

This woman posted this on my facebook, wth is it? Sideways tornado? lol...she's an older woman, it almost looked photoshop but she told me she took the pic in Cherry Hill NJ

ml9bMjr.jpg

I received crap regarding rain/wind last night but seen many cool sky pictures....this is a top 3. "Sideways tornado"....lol, that was my thought initially.

Most intense storm I've ever experienced. Those winds had to be around 80 mph. Trees down in a lot of areas, and tons of leaves and branches around. Saw some mammatus clouds at the end. The sky turned a creepy green color during the storm and we lost power. I would believe it if a tornado blew through here, but judging by the widespread damage it was probably just a really strong storm.

*sigh*

attachicon.giftree.jpg

Probably one of the reasons I'm not as big a fan of severe as I used to be, along with the 2 days of no power according to Peco.

Although I was out in the field beyond hootin and hollerin until you could hear even stronger winds coming. Made it onto the porch about 15 seconds before this 80 ft. Black Cherry tree came down. Sad - it was a beautiful tree. Also got 0.70 inches of rain which gets mby to 7.31" for the month of June.

post-9898-953716.jpg

No estimated power restoration time in Taberbacle yet. :/ I think I'll be satisfied with storms for a while. Unusually strong storm. Saw a guy who crashed in to a tree after the storm which was pretty sad. Lots of trees down along with power lines. Even saw a tree uprooted. There was a window screen in my yard but it was not mine or my neighbors. Saw some really large branches in my yard and saw a tree that snapped in the middle. It was a battle zone yesterday but it looks better now. The orange hue and the lightning almost all night last night made everything feel eerie. Never seen the sky turn green like it did yesterday. Really hoping the power can come back. I also didn't get the wind speeds because we lost power.

Archived