Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

92 degrees with a DP of 76 and heat index of 105! I expect storms to start rapidly popping up soon. -7 to -10 LI with CAPE around 3k and 30-50kt 0-6km wind shear. Also, lapse rates around 7 with spots of 7.5 lapse rates. 

When the heat index is > 10+ degrees from the actual temp...that's impressive. I'm in the same boat (below).

I'll believe T-Storms when I see them. Either Mother Nature or the Radar have been screwing w/me this Spring. Or both!

When the heat index is > 10+ degrees from the actual temp...that's impressive. I'm in the same boat (below).

I'll believe T-Storms when I see them. Either Mother Nature or the Radar have been screwing w/me this Spring. Or both!

Not just you who has been getting screwed constantly this whole year. Really hope something can form today. I'd really really hate seeing this kind of potential being wasted.

Not just you who has been getting screwed constantly this whole year. Really hope something can form today. I'd really really hate seeing this kind of potential being wasted.

Oh, I know. Many have been screwed.

Here's what I'm gonna do. Pull food out to BBQ....let the grill get hot in the 6-7pm time frame. Then BAM! A T-Storm just to screw me. An absolute lock! A never fail method...hopefully lawn chairs are blowing and smack me upside the head!

Oh, I know. Many have been screwed.

Here's what I'm gonna do. Pull food out to BBQ....let the grill get hot in the 6-7pm time frame. Then BAM! A T-Storm just to screw me. An absolute lock! A never fail method...hopefully lawn chairs are blowing and smack me upside the head!

Then after the storm keep cooking the food so you don't have it go bad in a freezer with no power.

Hey guys radar is a total fail. Future radars busted big on the 2-3pm storm line.

True, though it looks like something is coming together. Future radar still as intense looking as ever, though now pushing back the time once the line really forms back to 4pm. Do not recommend throwing in the towel just yet, it's just getting started. 

Then after the storm keep cooking the food so you don't have it go bad in a freezer with no power.

That would be my (many) luck this Spring.

Grill....sprinkles/light rain....back to grilling...eat it all (or try)....no electricity because someone hit a pole for an unknown reason...still no T-Storm/downpour....sweat my ass off in bed. (No A/C) Sounds like a plan...I'm pumped!

Mesoscale Discussion 1140 < Previous MD mcd1140.gif MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 1140

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

0225 PM CDT TUE JUN 23 2015

AREAS AFFECTED...FAR SOUTHEAST OH/WV TO MUCH OF NJ/SOUTHERN PA

CONCERNING...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 342...343...

VALID 231925Z - 232100Z

THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH

342...343...CONTINUES.

SUMMARY...THE POTENTIAL FOR MAINLY DAMAGING WINDS/SOME SEVERE HAIL

WILL CONTINUE TO SPREAD EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD THROUGH LATE

AFTERNOON/EARLY EVENING ACROSS FAR SOUTHEAST OH/MUCH OF WV/WESTERN

MD AND SOUTHERN PA/PORTIONS OF NJ. SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCHES

342/343 CONTINUE UNTIL 23Z/02Z RESPECTIVELY.

DISCUSSION...STORMS CONTINUE TO STEADILY INCREASE IN

COVERAGE/INTENSITY PARTICULARLY ACROSS SOUTHWEST/SOUTH-CENTRAL PA

AND SOUTHEAST OH AND WESTERN/NORTHERN WV INTO FAR WESTERN MD AS OF

315 PM EDT/1915Z. AHEAD OF A COLD FRONT...A FAVORABLE COLLOCATION OF

MODERATELY STRONG BUOYANCY /2000+ J PER KG MLCAPE/ AND

STRONG/LARGELY UNIDIRECTIONAL WEST-SOUTHWESTERLY DEEP-LAYER WINDS

WILL CONTINUE TO YIELD SUSTAINED MULTICELLS/EVOLVING LINE SEGMENTS

AND POSSIBLY A FEW TRANSIENT/SPLITTING SUPERCELLS. DAMAGING

WINDS/SOME SEVERE HAIL WILL REMAIN CONCERNS THROUGH LATE

AFTERNOON/EARLY EVENING AS STORMS CONTINUE TO SPREAD

EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD ACROSS THE REGION.

1 hour ago

d51c8db834bf110be9726815c5ae29cd.png

Now

f57a7913b5e0cbfdbba3e3ceabc780fc.png

Future on TWC radar ( 4:15 PM )

eea5246013731726b6a207638711e2e5.png

5:15

8b2426384f7aeb49d1a596ed8748df12.png

Models have been showing this scenario consistently for a while now. They have to be on to something. Line or bust it seems.

Sign me up!

I've been down the "bust" side quite a bit....show me a solid passage.

while the radar is looking better, there's really been a lack of storm reports with them despite the warnings. Still can't ask for better timing wise for this line to go through the area. With the parameters in place, I'd be pretty surprised for it to weaken and think we may even see it intensify as it moves through the area.

Archived