VERTICAL SHEAR PROFILES WILL SUPPORT SOME POTENTIAL FOR UPDRAFT
ROTATION AND BOWING SEGMENTS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING ISOLATED STRONG
WIND GUSTS NEXT FEW HOURS. OVERALL THREAT WILL REMAIN LIMITED BY THE
MARGINAL THERMODYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT.

..DIAL/EDWARDS.. 03/26/2015

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some gusty winds...semi-downpours and I thought I saw lightning to the West...maybe not? Doesn't look like anything major though...

It had

Lightning about and hour ago as I saw several flashing in the distance, but nothing as it got here

Thought so....doesn't look very impressive moving forward my way.

Steady mod rain..55.7F

Global warming - ?  Not pro or con, but interesting

Antarctica may have experienced its warmest day ever recorded on Tuesday, with the temperature reading of 63.5°F, reports The Weather Underground

Tuesday's record high temperature follows another high reading of 63.3°F set just the day before. Until this week's heat wave, the highest-known recorded temperature on the continent was 62.6°F back in 1976.

I was outside around 7 pm blowing some leaves, pine cones, etc., with a backpack blower so I had my head down, and happened to notice that it looked hazy towards the back yard. Don't know if I should admit this, but my first thought was where is all that smoke coming from, then I looked around and realized it was snowing :lmao:. A quick flurry, but a nice way to end the day! Chllly outside, 29F here at 9 pm.

Nice pics! Sure looks like mid winter. Wow.

Thanks. Yeah, it surprised me to see all that snow. Driving north, it went from a couple inches on the ground to a couple feet pretty quickly.

I was outside around 7 pm blowing some leaves, pine cones, etc., with a backpack blower so I had my head down, and happened to notice that it looked hazy towards the back yard. Don't know if I should admit this, but my first thought was where is all that smoke coming from, then I looked around and realized it was snowing :lmao:. A quick flurry, but a nice way to end the day! Chllly outside, 29F here at 9 pm.

Probably shouldn't have admitted that. lol

When I was in New York today it started snowing and I was little shocked to see it until I realized that it was 10F and I was 300 miles north of South Jersey.

Flizzard in Ewing this morning between 5 and 530... a non-measurable dusting.

Some snow in the air here too off and on for about the last 2 hours. 36F, so the only (light) dusting was on the sidewalk in a normally shaded area.

Feels balmy compared to yesterday morning, when it was 22F for the 3rd time in a week.

Thanks. Yeah, it surprised me to see all that snow. Driving north, it went from a couple inches on the ground to a couple feet pretty quickly.

Probably shouldn't have admitted that. lol

When I was in New York today it started snowing and I was little shocked to see it until I realized that it was 10F and I was 300 miles north of South Jersey.

Lol, oh well. I'm curious as to how far north you had to go to start seeing snow on the ground?

Lol, oh well. I'm curious as to how far north you had to go to start seeing snow on the ground?

I didn't start noticing snow until around the Lehigh Tunnel, but that was really only on the northern slopes of the mountains in the shade.  I didn't see total snow cover until around Cortland, New York.  

Lehigh Tunnel, second pic is from near Cortland, NY.  

I didn't start noticing snow until around the Lehigh Tunnel, but that was really only on the northern slopes of the mountains in the shade.  I didn't see total snow cover until around Cortland, New York.  

Lehigh Tunnel, second pic is from near Cortland, NY.  

Okay, thanks, that's what I was looking for. I had guessed Lehigh Valley towards the LehighTunnel for some patchy snow, but wasn't at all sure about complete snow cover. I was thinking maybe Poconos, but that's pretty far up (around Syracuse if I remember correctly?).

Then again it is practically April, lol.

I had guessed Lehigh Valley towards the LehighTunnel for some patchy snow, but wasn't at all sure about complete snow cover. I was thinking maybe Poconos, but that's pretty far up (around Syracuse if I remember correctly?).

Then again it is practically April, lol.

Even in the Poconos (at least along I-80) the snow is fairly patchy. There really isn't any solid snowcover except for north facing mountainsides.

Archived