• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

Much irrelevant programming but the Boston snow coverage was great,they cover big events in the NE all night, DR. Greg Forbes is the best severe weather analyst on cable. Another problem is that without TWC you don't get Weatherscan which gives real time animated radar  and NWS alerts not available anymore.

Even though I rarely watch TWC anymore, it was nice having it there when you wanted it. Losing weatherscan is probably higher impact for me.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still 100% snow cover, hard to believe considering the warmth and zero visibility foggy night eating the pack. Front lawn still looks to be about 8-10" :o my armor pack is shrinking and putting up a heck of a fight

Not to fear.....according to several global models, you will replace what you lost in a big way later next week.

Not to fear.....according to several global models, you will replace what you lost in a big way later next week.

Sweet fresh new snowpack would be a new look and quite refreshing...this snow cone stuff is like left over carnival trash

Been outside doing yard clean up work in short sleeves after a long long winter, it's like a Colorado day

8.5" on the front lawn latest measure

Just about everything gone here... Just a few patches of glacier behind trees/shrubs and some plowed mounds that are shrinking rapidly.  Have some crocuses trying to come up (they and a bunch of daffodils started coming up back in November and then got frozen in their tracks after that. :lmao: )

Just checked in with Mt. Holly and it looks like someone put up a new style sheet on the 7-day site.  Getting errors trying to go to the AFD.

http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwacapget.php?x=NJ12539C30B1E4.FloodWarning.12539C3155F4NJ.PHIFLSPHI.338122ddf7b633b527d11c82d9eafdb5

Event: Flood Warning Alert: ...A FLOOD WARNING FOR SNOWMELT REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 245 AM EDT
THURSDAY FOR
SOUTHERN SOMERSET COUNTY...

AT 1024 PM EDT...REPORTING GAUGES INDICATED FLOODING ACROSS THE
WARNED AREA. RAPID SNOWMELT IS OCCURRING AND WILL CONTINUE TO CAUSE
FLOODING. THE RIVER GAUGE AT GRIGGSTOWN ALONG THE MILLSTONE RIVER
IN SOMERSET HAS EXCEEDED 12 FEET. THIS IS MODERATE FLOODING FOR THIS
LOCATION. THE STAGE CONTINUES TO CLIMB. Instructions: A FLOOD WARNING MEANS THAT FLOODING IS IMMINENT OR HAS BEEN REPORTED. STREAM RISES WILL BE SLOW AND FLASH FLOODING IS NOT EXPECTED. HOWEVER...ALL INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD TAKE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS IMMEDIATELY. BE ESPECIALLY CAUTIOUS AT NIGHT WHEN IT IS HARDER TO RECOGNIZE THE DANGERS OF FLOODING. IF FLOODING IS OBSERVED ACT QUICKLY. MOVE UP TO HIGHER GROUND TO ESCAPE FLOOD WATERS. DO NOT STAY IN AREAS SUBJECT TO FLOODING WHEN WATER BEGINS RISING. Target Area: Somerset

I'm somewhere in the Sourlands about a 10-15 minute drive to TTN and this is my front yard. Based on what I saw in Hopewell Valley, I'm surprised it's held on this much. Gone by Sunday I'm sure.

post-1104-0-17014800-1426211680_thumb.jp

little elevation and tree protection plus the ice under neath extending the finale melt off

exactly. not that I have much elevation... ~400 feet but lots of tree protection. great in the summer.

we lucked out another year...in terms of quick snowmelt + no big rains to cause major flooding.. 

Was thinking the same thing. Also going to waste the cold enough to snow but wont weather in March the next 10 days like last year that would get me to 50". But meh it has snowed more than normal this March already oh well

This time last year we were looking at 2 more accumulating snow events yet to come.  I realize that northern folks missed out, but if it wants to get cold again next week, I say let it snow.  I think i got almost 8" last St Paddy's Day.  Overall, i was pleased with this late blooming winter.  Got to snowboard 10 days as well.

I have been wondering if Kamu had pulled out the tarp for his snow pile!

lol, no, letting it ride, or melt. I used it that one day but I also would rather see the snow than a tarp. I do however have a backup/test snow pile this year that's in a more shaded area. We'll see which one lasts longer. The one I usually post pics of is in full sun on a south facing slope. My son actually dug a hole into it the other day and made a little snow cave (I thought of Redsky :-)).

Archived