• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3/5/2015 Ice/Snow Event

Coach McGuirk

Nice.  If the models are wrong about the mid levels, we might get sleet before the surface temps drop below freezing.  And if the transition line is moving south at nearly 50 mph, we'll see sleet within the next 3 hours.  And if the models are wrong with no wave developing later tonight over southern GA and moving off and up the coast, we'll get some decent snow accumulations! :D

and if soil temps werent torching wed be looking at 6"+.  

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's flat out poured up here by pti during the last half hour wind wept monsoon and it's COLD. Have no idea what the temp is but it has to be 20 to 2t degrees colder than when I got into work this a.m. pretty impressive

Same here, I work in Bennett.  We've even had some reports of wintry mix observed.  It seems to be cooling faster than predicted.

North wind at 35 gusts to 43

Ahhhh not sure if your joking..... but its N wind at 35 with gust to 43

Thanks to you both.  I was not joking and totally serious; so I appreciate the help.  I've not really paid much attention to wind observations before, so I wasn't aware that was how the text output was coded.

Thanks to you both.  I was not joking and totally serious; so I appreciate the help.  I've not really paid much attention to wind observations before, so I wasn't aware that was how the text output was coded.

No problem man sometimes its tough to tell up here if someone is being funny or not.....me being a total wind freak its the first thing I notice after temps when I look at obs....down to 40 on my porch.....that last 8 degrees gonna take forever....

No problem man sometimes its tough to tell up here if someone is being funny or not.....me being a total wind freak its the first thing I notice after temps when I look at obs....down to 40 on my porch.....that last 8 degrees gonna take forever....

I am hoping the temps aloft are cooler than forecast so that we get a little sleet before the precip moves out.  I honestly do not believe we get below freezing while there's still significant precip around, unless that arctic air gets a move on.

I know.  I do make quite a few tongue-in-cheek comments from time to time, but this was not one of those cases.  Maybe I'll add a footer to my posts:  "This is not a joke."

Anyway, hope you guys can cash in on one last wintry event this afternoon.  I've been doomed to be a vicarious observer on this one from the get-go,

I know.  I do make quite a few tongue-in-cheek comments from time to time, but this was not one of those cases.  Maybe I'll add a footer to my posts:  "This is not a joke."

Anyway, hope you guys can cash in on one last wintry event this afternoon.  I've been doomed to be a vicarious observer on this one from the get-go,

Yeah I am sure many will see some sleet before it ends but with these setups there is no telling, not really that optimistic for much more than that, maybe we get stuck with hrs of freezing drizzle overnight but I don't see anything in the models or WV to make me think there is anything the models don't have a handle on that could enhance the precip later when we get cold enough to actually get snow etc.

Archived