Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Anafrontal Thumpul Discussion 3/5

TheSnowman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What in GOD's name is the NWS doing? My PNC says about 0.5", and it's a massive 1-2, when now All models are going way North agreeing on about 3"-5" for me. There's Proof in their insanity, because their maximum map is so much larger than what they are forecasting. Not even an Advisory???? Kevin - Nice Prediction. Warning to the Pike = Not ECEN a Hazardous Weather Outlook to the Pike. attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's a probablistic tool.

That is the max amount that they deem fathomable at a given location considering the current pantheon of guidance.

What in GOD's name is the NWS doing? My PNC says about 0.5", and it's a massive 1-2, when now All models are going way North agreeing on about 3"-5" for me. There's Proof in their insanity, because their maximum map is so much larger than what they are forecasting. Not even an Advisory???? Kevin - Nice Prediction. Warning to the Pike = Not ECEN a Hazardous Weather Outlook to the Pike. attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And your min map gives you 0.

That max map will fail to occur 9 out of 10 times.

In reality, a warning should be issued about every time that min map shows 5-6 inches. That would be 90% confidence of occurrence.

As expected based on their forecast, WWA on the S coast and that's it.

All of these last few events have been a rollercoaster ride, ultimately ending in mediocrity.  There have been quite a few though, hence the 4 foot tall piles a stones throw from the ocean here.

I think this is where the south coast gets off the winter ride.  Would like enough to cross country ski on the roads, looking very doubtful.  Hopefully they bust low and don't adequately plough, but they've been pretty much dead on here.

I know but... that plus 12z NAM as guidance of choice?

I guess it's good the 18z NAM came north a bit then...

As they say in my homelands: da fuq?

I'm with you...da fuq?

Sometimes, modelology is important as well. Like, knowing that going with a NAM/SREF combo when they are on their own compared to all other global guidance is a pretty safe bet to lose every single time.

I'm with you...da fuq?

Sometimes, modelology is important as well. Like, knowing that going with a NAM/SREF combo when they are on their own compared to all other global guidance is a pretty safe bet to lose every single time.

Ah but that is exactly what indicates we're not meteorologists.

The NWS surely has some reason or rationale for preferring the camp they do... at least they usually do.

I ain't know. Da fuq, I says!

Upton with nothing for us, not even a WWA.

CTZ005>008-NYZ067-068-051000-
NORTHERN FAIRFIELD-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX-
NORTHERN NEW LONDON-ORANGE-PUTNAM-
403 PM EST WED MAR 4 2015

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT AND
SOUTHEAST NEW YORK.

.DAY ONE...TONIGHT.

NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...THURSDAY THROUGH TUESDAY.

NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED AT THIS TIME THAT WOULD MEET
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WARNING CRITERIA.

Upton with nothing for us, not even a WWA.

I wouldn't worry, there coverage of zones make no sense sometimes. for instance, Peekskill, NY is under a WWA but I'm not? It's a joke. Their coloring looks like a Pre school project.

Wilton, ct is nothing but you go west over the border into pound ridge, NY and you have a WWA.

Can you post their message verbatim

Our tweet to them: SCW ‏@SouthernCTWX  2h

@NWSBoston Riding the NAM on new map? Only guidance that really supports only 1-2" that far south.

Their response:

New 15z SREF snow probs support the 12z NAM & ARW. 70% of 4" Islands decreasing to 45% at PVD. Vry progressive & ptype issues

I wouldn't worry, there coverage of zones make no sense sometimes. for instance, Peekskill, NY is under a WWA but I'm not? It's a joke. Their coloring looks like a Pre school project.

Wilton, ct is nothing but you go west over the border into pound ridge, NY and you have a WWA.

It just seems strange considering a Watch was issued yesterday and considering the trends today.

Archived