• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4 - 3/5 Post-Frontal Snow Chance

Capt. Adam

Also, the UKMET has tightened the northern extent significantly. Like the GFS, it's the same for the city but less to the north, I think a lot of the south concerns are more a product of the cutoff as opposed to the entire shield shifting south.

Generally the max forcing focuses on a narrower area so it's not surprising that the northern extent of the precip shrinks south. It's possible C/S NJ becomes the jackpot but anyone within the metro should still pick up several inches. Any ticks from this point on should be relatively small. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed whichever model comes out that's newest is the one everyone hugs... The storm could very well go the route of the euro, or the nam.. Or anywhere in between.. Hugging the nam, then then the GFS, the GGEM, then ukmet is idiotic

Happens every storm brother. Most hobbyists (and some pros) use modeology, while the true professionals use meteorology.

The confluence seems to be strengthening on some of the models, which is limiting how far north the snow gets and makes a sharp cutoff. I think this is being overplayed somewhat but it's definitely a factor to consider.

Yes.. But this will also lead to higher precipitation rates and amounts just south of the confluence.

V imp Euro run and all is quiet? Hope reasons arent IMBY, Ill presume otherwise. Judging by the way things have gone , model wise, based on recent historical trends, I think 3-5 NW and 5-8 NYC/NE NJ/ LI and 8-10 TTN/PHL axis seem to be a good starting point

I won't feel confident in getting 6" or more until 12Z tomorrow.  I know the setup is different, but I just remember those March "snowstorms" last year that were suppressed by the polar vortex in the last 24-36 hours before the event, turning 3-6" into 3-6 snowflakes north of the Raritan or even 195.  And the "blizzard" this year.  Point being that there's still too much that can go wrong 42 hours out.  I'll feel much better at ~18 hours out at 12Z tomorrow, if the models are still showing 6" or more.  On the flip side, I'll still be happy to get 3-5" of snow or even 2" of snow and 2" of sleet on 3/5, but I'd really love to have one shellacking this winter...

Archived