joxey
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

Ouch!

M, there's a Star Trek the Next Whatever marathon on right now with Emma Watson hosting...no time for you to be a trolling a weather board, IMNSHO.

Guest Pamela

Actually watching the Twilight Zone. And I repeat: Ouch!

I am like soooo over that show after that Anne Blythe episode...I totally did *not* sign a release.  I'm way more into Nicki Minaj these days; "Bees in the Trap"  totally rox...

What a day. Told my co workers mid 50's today. None of them believed me. Some people believed that spring would never come, around 2pm me and my bud stepped out for lunch. He gets outside and says " is it 70 degrees or something, cause it feels like it". Man that sun sure does do its work. Made it feel like high 60's today. Not to bring up a offensive discussion, but what's all the talk between nj vs ny. Nj is obviously better :)

They are sadomasochistic freaks, maybe they have free money or too much money and are not affected by real world struggles. Such as paying insane bills for oil.. heat. OR they just sit inside an office or house all day looking out the window. Me im with you. HATE IT, im done.. END THIS SNOW PACK AND BALL FREEZING COLD.

Or maybe we just see the glass as half full.

Guest Pamela

Maybe we should all meet on a snow free grassy knoll, join hands and burst out into (with apologies ti the NE forum)

June Is Bustin out All Over. 

State Farm sucked...Oklahoma was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.  Plus I get my insurance from Allstate

What a day. Told my co workers mid 50's today. None of them believed me. Some people believed that spring would never come, around 2pm me and my bud stepped out for lunch. He gets outside and says " is it 70 degrees or something, cause it feels like it". Man that sun sure does do its work. Made it feel like high 60's today. Not to bring up a offensive discussion, but what's all the talk between nj vs ny. Nj is obviously better :)

Ha...

Guest Pamela

State Farm sucked...Oklahoma was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.  Plus I get my insurance from Allstate

I knew it was Carousel....just wanted to see if you were paying attention.   Plus no insurance firm has that moniker....all those R&H musicals sound the same and have the same plot and all have the Partridge Family woman as the lead, anyway.

Guest Pamela

F, one atonal music debate per year is quite sufficient...I almost get a hint of Civil War tempi mixed in there with the percussion section (wonders if this genre has anything *other* than a percussion section). Its interesting though...and I'll concede I have not listened to enough of it to formulate a cohesive opinion...beyond the soundtrack to the seminal Planet of the Apes film.

Wearing shorts to work for the first time this year. Pretty stoked for spring. If anyone has any horticultural questions or has landscape design needs feel free to ask!!!

LBSF:  yes, I do have a question!!  I have a tiny 10' x 10' kitchen garden.  I actually had some winter greens planted in it, which I think have all succumbed (cold frame lid has been down for two months).  OK, so it's time to get started on 2015 anyway.  My own garden soil is wretched shale, but I've dumped bag after bag of purchased soil over the years, and I have more to add, plus compost from my pile and perhaps some purchased manure as well.  Can I do that now??  This weekend?  I keep hearing about the danger of damaging soil structure, but most of my soil is added externally anyway.  I'd like to plant some goodies later in March, so I'd like to throw the new stuff on it now, spade it up, and let it rest for a couple of weeks.  Is that ok?

LBSF: yes, I do have a question!! I have a tiny 10' x 10' kitchen garden. I actually had some winter greens planted in it, which I think have all succumbed (cold frame lid has been down for two months). OK, so it's time to get started on 2015 anyway. My own garden soil is wretched shale, but I've dumped bag after bag of purchased soil over the years, and I have more to add, plus compost from my pile and perhaps some purchased manure as well. Can I do that now?? This weekend? I keep hearing about the danger of damaging soil structure, but most of my soil is added externally anyway. I'd like to plant some goodies later in March, so I'd like to throw the new stuff on it now, spade it up, and let it rest for a couple of weeks. Is that ok?

Totally fine! Your not trying to grow award winning roses. In fact dump as much excess soil as you can and just turn it over. You're going to lose some soil each season to erosion so I would add soil each spring or fall. Ideally you want at least a foot of good soil above the garbage. Compost is absolutely the best.

Ohh and wait till at least late April early may to plant normal veggies herbs. Ideally you want to be after your last annual frost or you're gonna have to start over. Looks like a cold period coming later in the month

Archived