Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weenies abound this morning.

It feels quite toasty outside, but there's really not much to do... the fishing holes are all frozen two feet thick, for instance. Boring stretch of wx.

it's a weekend and you're 1.5 hours away from one of the largest cities in the world. there's plenty to do

Juliancolton- maybe you"ll get your wish for some more active space weather

ACTIVE SUNSPOT: A sunspot has emerged near the sun's southeastern limb, and it is crackling with strong flares. The most powerful so far, an M9-class explosion on March 7th, produced a moderately-strong radio blackout over the Pacific side of Earth. Check http://spaceweather.comfor images and updates.

Today was just a PHENOMENAL day.  Went running the park, place was jam packed.  It's crazy living in the city that you have no idea how much snow you've actually got until you go into Central Park.  Definitely still over a foot, which is shocking because the snow is disappearing fast everywhere else.  Despite the big snowpack, the park is starting to feel like spring.

It really was a beautiful day. Warm in the sun with a nice brisk breeze. Actually felt a bit like autumn since the air had a chill and not that usual hint of warmth. I wouldn't be surprised if Tuesday, which is progged to be in the low 50s, actually hits 60.

as much as I like snow ; nice to have warmer weather again ..

Guest Pamela

Really interesting read from the main forum by Don S regarding March 1956.

Also today's AO is the highest on record for March and second highest overall.

Norfolk Connecticut measured 73.4 inches of snow in March 1956...en route to a 177 inch seasonal total. 

Guest Pamela

I love when tourists see a rat and they are all like "omg, an actual rat". Grow a pair. Its underground in the city, were you expecting fairies?

Adherence to convention for the sake of appearance is some seriously sad stuff...

Point being; when any member of 49% of the world's population demonstrates revulsion towards filth, dirt, or any other such gross item...they are quickly deemed to be "lacking" something very definite...and they will be quickly told that such a viewpoint is unacceptable from one of their own. Very sad that one must be so utterly constrained for the sake of what the world thinks. 

Ever been on the DC Metro? You could almost eat off the floors. I know it's newer, but it's not that new.

Nope, can't say I have, but my FB friends complain about the system constantly. 

Adherence to convention for the sake of appearance is some seriously sad stuff...

Point being; when any member of 49% of the world's population demonstrates revulsion towards filth, dirt, or any other such gross item...they are quickly deemed to be "lacking" something very definite...and they will be quickly told that such a viewpoint is unacceptable from one of their own. Very sad that one must be so utterly constrained for the sake of what the world thinks. 

Pam, I'm not understanding what you're trying to say.

Did I insult you by letting the New Yorker in me out?

Archived