• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/1-2/15 Obs/Nowcasting

SR Airglow

I think you said 2-4" that was a solid range. Seems to be performing as advertised. A nice event. Great winter storm albeit minor. We needed the refresher. Snowbanks were reaching darker shades of gray in Boston. Not ready for the great melt of the winter of 2015 yet.

Seriously though... Is there some kind of implications with river flooding due to the thick ice? If I'm not mistaken its some of the thickest ice in recent years. I have no idea about the ocean and river side of things however.

Not sure. I know if you get a quick melt and lots of rain you may risk ice jams. 

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the sfc low trended back SE and weaker.

ML fronto delievered here...I was worried earlier that it might be 1-2" when the radar looked shredded even as late as 4-5pm, but we pulled through.

But for that enhancement in E MA, you wanted winds more backe dout of the E which needed a nice closed sfc low fairly close...but it kept trending SE the final couple runs.

I thought the precip shield wouldn't be as large as it was. I thought we might see a band or two really dominate when the ml fronto kicked in. However it seemed to even breed moderate steady snow outside of that area for a large chunk of the region. Thought it might bust pretty low near my apartment in Andover but it ended up fine. 

I thought the precip shield wouldn't be as large as it was. I thought we might see a band or two really dominate when the ml fronto kicked in. However it seemed to even breed moderate steady snow outside of that area for a large chunk of the region. Thought it might bust pretty low near my apartment in Andover but it ended up fine. 

what do you have in Andover. I am still just under 2" here.

what do you have in Andover. I am still just under 2" here.

I'm guessing somewhere around 2-2.5" here now.  Just went outside, and it's still a pretty steady snow, moderate at the moment, but more importantly, flake size has increased dramatically, so we have an outside shot of getting to 3". 

I'm guessing somewhere around 2-2.5" here now.  Just went outside, and it's still a pretty steady snow, moderate at the moment, but more importantly, flake size has increased dramatically, so we have an outside shot of getting to 3". 

Actually a pretty nice weenie band up there that goes back west along Rt 2 in north-central MA and NW MA

Mar1_1130pm_Radar.gif

Last 40 mins radar has looked as good as it has the whole event in that corridor

Solid 4 here, depth back up to about 22-23 avg, had a burst of snow half hour ago with gorgeous puffy flakes, imagine ten or twelve hrs of that....hopefully its not too sunny tomorrow and gets cloudy quickly tuesday.

My depth is at least 22". Just measured tonight. The burst is about over here.

These bands to the north on the tail end are producing nicely...RAP actually showed these well while models like the HRRR had snow basically over by 03z.

Mar1_1145pm_Radar.gif

My house is about 3 miles due south of that little circle that marks, Lawrence, and I can confirm it's coming down good right now.  By far, best snow of this storm.  Let's see how long it hangs on. 

My portable garage with the eight foot sides is indistinguishable right now. Banks from removed snow have met roof snow. The scenes out here are phenomenal. Sitting in my truck warming up ,lights shining into the back yard, tunes cranking some old school Stones. Thank you Lord, Wow, let's do this......again?

Archived