• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/1-2/15 Obs/Nowcasting

SR Airglow

Another snow storm despite winds SSW-S in March from RI to Cape. Deep, deep winter.

True but 25F during the day compared to at night during March snows is totally different. Roads were black but once you lost that solar element they turned white real fast.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Tue/Wed will be good for that. Thinking snow total and high temp combo. Will be a challenge.

Tue/Wed trending colder. 3-6 for snow for sure, but how high temps get during the afternoon who knows. Depends on how much break in the cloud cover we get.

This has been kind of a lovely event. Maybe we'll end up with 3 inches but steady nice snow in calm winds was really nice in the greatest winter of all my years. Let's do anafrontal friends!

Shoveling powder on 3/1 on the cape while having a hard time getting it over the 8-9 foot banks. It's really surreal at this point

This has been kind of a lovely event. Maybe we'll end up with 3 inches but steady nice snow in calm winds was really nice in the greatest winter of all my years. Let's do anafrontal friends!

I like these type of snowfalls when they steadily accumulate. Nothing worse than rates like this and its complete slush. This covered up nicely. Wintry night here in Allston. 

Sitting in my car waiting for AAA. Broken down.. Lol.. Don't mind it

Looks like around or just over 3"....might make 4" but if not, advisory still verified.

at what point did E MA enhancement  seem to fall off on models....last night?

Rgem was insistent on sort of enhancement just a bit North of Bos thru the city to ESP SE areas that got hit. Not a big deal but Essex county seemed to have a bad break or two with this as well. Still nice to snow on March 1, don't get me wrong.

at what point did E MA enhancement  seem to fall off on models....last night?

Rgem was insistent on sort of enhancement just a bit North of Bos thru the city to ESP SE areas that got hit. Not a big deal but Essex county seemed to have a bad break or two with this as well. Still nice to snow on March 1, don't get me wrong.

When the sfc low trended back SE and weaker.

ML fronto delievered here...I was worried earlier that it might be 1-2" when the radar looked shredded even as late as 4-5pm, but we pulled through.

But for that enhancement in E MA, you wanted winds more backe dout of the E which needed a nice closed sfc low fairly close...but it kept trending SE the final couple runs.

Tue/Wed trending colder. 3-6 for snow for sure, but how high temps get during the afternoon who knows. Depends on how much break in the cloud cover we get.

Will post a contest in the AM and leave it open until midnight/12 a.m. Tuesday. Even with a brief torch, most of us should at least preserve the current pack.

Should have probably close to 3.5 here as well. Pretty much what I expected.

I think you said 2-4" that was a solid range. Seems to be performing as advertised. A nice event. Great winter storm albeit minor. We needed the refresher. Snowbanks were reaching darker shades of gray in Boston. Not ready for the great melt of the winter of 2015 yet.

Seriously though... Is there some kind of implications with river flooding due to the thick ice? If I'm not mistaken its some of the thickest ice in recent years. I have no idea about the ocean and river side of things however.

Archived