Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS 03/01-03/02/2015 March Lion Event

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow changed to sleet around 3 pm, just as I was getting back from getting some salt (had to go to Lowe's and get water softening salt as they had no rock salt - same NaCl, though).  Measured 2.75" of new snow and it's sleeting moderately with maybe 20% snow mixed in.  Should at least get to 3" snow/sleet.  Also, just shoveled - still pretty light, but will be much heavier for those who wait until the sleet and freezing rain mix in.  Haven't had time to check the board to see where the ZR line is yet - still just 25F here, so I'm hoping the ZR holds off for a few hours.  

Edit: snow mixing back in - about 50/50 snow/sleet now.  C'mon snow...

Changed over to mostly freezing rain here around 6 pm, after getting 1/4" of sleet, bringing my snow/sleet final total to 3.0".  The 2-4" call for most of Central Jersey was pretty good.  Looks like we're in for at least 0.2-0.3" of freezing rain, as radar is full down to DE and temps are just 27-28F in this area. Shoveled the sleet by about 6:30 pm and put down salt, so hopefully I at least won't have a sheet of ice on my driveway/sidewalk - will check it later.  

Could get ugly and temps aren't supposed to go above 32F until 8-10 am Monday morning.  Untreated roads (and obviously sidewalks/driveways) could be an icy mess for the morning rush.  Still snowing in NYC/LI/NE-NJ with 3-5" already on the ground and maybe 1-2" more, at least coming - too bad we couldn't hold onto the snow longer here.  

Changed over to mostly freezing rain here around 6 pm, after getting 1/4" of sleet, bringing my snow/sleet final total to 3.0".  The 2-4" call for most of Central Jersey was pretty good.  Looks like we're in for at least 0.2-0.3" of freezing rain, as radar is full down to DE and temps are just 27-28F in this area. Shoveled the sleet by about 6:30 pm and put down salt, so hopefully I at least won't have a sheet of ice on my driveway/sidewalk - will check it later.  

Could get ugly and temps aren't supposed to go above 32F until 8-10 am Monday morning.  Untreated roads (and obviously sidewalks/driveways) could be an icy mess for the morning rush.  Still snowing in NYC/LI/NE-NJ with 3-5" already on the ground and maybe 1-2" more, at least coming - too bad we couldn't hold onto the snow longer here.  

RU# I think precip is moving ENE across NJ. What's in DE is not as relevant as the fact that EPA is drying out. I think Middlesex and north has about .2 left tops.

Archived