Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS 03/01-03/02/2015 March Lion Event

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally wish/nowcasting, but the mix line on the CC radar appears to be lifting northward over NJ and perhaps sinking southeastward back towards extreme northern DE.  I'll reserve judgment for another hour or so, but I thought it was worth at least mentioning.

Just ripping heavy snow right now with moderate sized flakes - piling up quickly - got 1/4" in the last 10 minutes.  About to go get some salt for the ZR that's coming - just gives me an excuse to get outside, lol...

Snow changed to sleet around 3 pm, just as I was getting back from getting some salt (had to go to Lowe's and get water softening salt as they had no rock salt - same NaCl, though).  Measured 2.75" of new snow and it's sleeting moderately with maybe 20% snow mixed in.  Should at least get to 3" snow/sleet.  Also, just shoveled - still pretty light, but will be much heavier for those who wait until the sleet and freezing rain mix in.  Haven't had time to check the board to see where the ZR line is yet - still just 25F here, so I'm hoping the ZR holds off for a few hours.  

Edit: snow mixing back in - about 50/50 snow/sleet now.  C'mon snow...

Does anyone know why the SPC Hourly Mesoscale Analysis maps at 20z (3 pm) show the 0C 925 line and the 0C 850 line down in central Delaware, yet it's been sleet and freezing rain here (in SW Delco) since before 2 pm? I can see how some of the precipitation type radar maps approximate the rain snow line, as according to some of them it's still snowing here.

Does anyone know why the SPC Hourly Mesoscale Analysis maps at 20z (3 pm) show the 0C 925 line and the 0C 850 line down in central Delaware, yet it's been sleet and freezing rain here (in SW Delco) since before 2 pm? I can see how some of the precipitation type radar maps approximate the rain snow line, as according to some of them it's still snowing here.

It did badly last storm too.

Archived