joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/1-3/2 Winter Storm OBS Thread

UnionWeatherWx

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had no mixing here and it's been snowing moderately since 1:30.

I have had no mixing here and it's been snowing moderately since 1:30.

same here in the northern bronx,we lucked out because the precip was heavy for a good while.honestly where there was no mixing like my area the snow piled up quick and it's not over yet.quite shocked honestly that it snowed that much during the day with temps at 23 - 25 f..

Changed over to mostly freezing rain here around 6 pm, after getting 1/4" of sleet, bringing my snow/sleet final total to 3.0".  The 2-4" call for most of Central Jersey was pretty good.  Looks like we're in for at least 0.2-0.3" of freezing rain, as radar is full down to DE and temps are just 27-28F in this area. Shoveled the sleet by about 6:30 pm and put down salt, so hopefully I at least won't have a sheet of ice on my driveway/sidewalk - will check it later.  

Could get ugly and temps aren't supposed to go above 32F until 8-10 am Monday morning.  Untreated roads (and obviously sidewalks/driveways) could be an icy mess for the morning rush.  Too bad we couldn't hold onto the snow longer here, like areas to the north that look like they're going to get 4-7".  Still a nice storm.  

What a year it could have been tho, right? It's a pain to rush to clean this stuff before it ices, and of course I took a hard fall on some hidden ice. We are back to sleet over here in Colonia, with rain mixing in at times.

highly doubt it

Why is it that I'm the only one here that ever gets questioned? Almost everyone here has 4-5" so far where no mixing has occurred.

I can vouch for him. I'm about 2 miles to the south of Pompton Plains and I have 5".

Not with state testing. They will bring em in. Accountability ya know....though they can still test on a delay, its just that the kids will be going in basically to take the tests. What drudgery.

When they closed NYC schools for the blizzard, statewide test got cancelled. Also, SATs got cancelled a few weeks back cause of snow

Guest Pamela

measured 5.0" so far here. i'm starting to hear some pingers but i would say it's still 90% snow here

It looks like there is some very heavy snow or sleet just west of Islip.

Archived