SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/1-3/2 Winter Storm OBS Thread

UnionWeatherWx

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually reporting my snowfall on nearby locations. I'm pretty much somewhere around that. That 5" report that I reported was a bit to high.

Not directed at anyone in particular, I just feel Alot of obs like totals and intensity aren't accurate... Again not this storm in particular but generally

Guest Pamela

Upton should use their Twitter capabilities to give us occasional updates on snow totals...I went to the local climate page 10 minutes ago (usually updated at 4:35 PM)...and it still had the overnight update. 

At 3:51, which was over an hour ago, Central Park was reporting .23" QPF. Snow ratios seem to be close to 12:1. I'd say much of Manhattan is approaching 4 inches right now.

amen brother and it's still snowing pretty good up here and i'm well over 4 inches getting to 5 as we speak EVERYWHERE!..lets crack 6+ which is looking more and more possible.

Extremely pretty, pristine, & picturesque in Port Jeff as we approach twilight; daytime snow is far and away preferable to nightime snow.

+1000

Ive always said this. I'll take a daytime storm that starts at 10am and ends around 10pm with 6" of snow over a nighttime storm with 12" total that ends by daybreak any day of the week...and that's exactly what were getting in southern CT.

+1000

Ive always said this. I'll take a daytime storm that starts at 10am and ends around 10pm with 6" of snow over a nighttime storm with 12" total that ends by daybreak any day of the week...and that's exactly what were getting in southern CT.

the fact that is march 1st and snowing at this intensity is quite remarkable in itself..and it's beautiful out.really a winter bonus for all of us.

the fact that is march 1st and snowing at this intensity is quite remarkable in itself..and it's beautiful out.really a winter bonus for all of us.

People say that all the time but it's not really shocking to get heavy snow rates as late as mid April or later.

Just look at April 82 or even the Superstorm that delivered feet of snow in the Deep South mid March.

In a cold winter like this, we're bound to have nickel and dime events dragging us above average.

The insanely negative QBO has helped us in the end, its forced many of these systems to stay weak and give us snow...if we did not have that -QBO this winter although it may have  been better early may not have been as good late because some of these systems would have been wound up cutters with the +AO and NAO

Archived