joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ice/Wintery Mix Event 3/1

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow shouldn't last much longer here, temps could also be above forecast for some. That's why March during the day doesn't pile up much unless it's heavy rates. ZR wont be a areawide problem and might be a localized problem where temps are 29-31 with Light Precip during tonight. That's why NWS is going WSW for Northern MD.

I know Ian. Its pretty clear usually what these events are going to do. I was expecting around 1" imby turning over to .1-.2 of zr on elevated surfaces and possibly roads based on temps.

Some question to start time but I think radar was pretty clear last night that the NAM was going to be wrong with holding it off. Pretty much everything I looked at supported the idea of snow thru late morning or noon or so even here. Might even be flipping a bit early in this neck. It is funny we do see "I wasn't expecting this!" a lot here.. considering what's done here heh.

Some question to start time but I think radar was pretty clear last night that the NAM was going to be wrong with holding it off. Pretty much everything I looked at supported the idea of snow thru late morning or noon or so even here. Might even be flipping a bit early in this neck. It is funny we do see "I wasn't expecting this!" a lot here.. considering what's done here heh.

To be fair, it can be quite variable depending on your exact location, despite what models may or may not suggest. Today it came in pretty uniformly. Last week I got nada on the front end THUMP. Didnt snow here till after 4 pm. 

Archived