Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Ice/Wintery Mix Event 3/1

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When does that dry slot plan to fill in for central MD? I like my Sunday AM coffee and newspaper reading with a steady snow flying outside. ;-)

based on traffic cams, looks like closest snow is Frederick, maybe a little east now

http://www.chart.state.md.us/MapNet/MapDOTNET.aspx?Browser=IE7&ViewName=Select&Cmd=switchtheme&tab=VideoAndCamera&DoPanTo=False&Direction=&PanFactor=&DoZoomScaleFactor=&x=&y=&Encoder=&timestamp=47921&x1=0&x2=0&y2=0&y1=0&gCenterLat=null&gCenterLon=null&gZoomLvl=null

anyone got a sounding for DCA? Looks like that warm nose is a bit stronger than earlier modeled

Area of green radar returns is 100 percent sleet. Looks like an elevation snow event this round. Probably go to ZR then a steady plain rain. These are by far the lightest rates I have ever experienced from green 20 dbZ radar returns. I learn something new every day. I thought the precip would be at least a little more substantial from a 20 dbz element.

One of those deals where we should have had a separate thread for the northern areas apparently...

Sent from my iPhone

lol I mean, I checked occasionally yesterday but everything I read was "no big deal, just icicles in trees" and now I have a warning? It's whatever, but just wasn't expecting it.

Have had it all fall from the sky this am, sleet, snow and freezing rain. A 70% sleet, 20% freezing rain and 10% snow mix falling now. It has gone back and forth several times since it started. Currently 27/DP 21

enough snow/sleet to coat everything that was bare, plus a little ZR on top to give that nice glazed look.

The green return that brought the extremely small sleet particles, was very skinny as it passed over me. Now it has expanded - to my east. Leavin' me in the light blue returns with vanishingly small sleet lmao. VERY anticlimactic and strongly underwhelming. Why for cryin' out loud, did I even bother to stay up for this.

EDIT: I just went out to check what i thought was melting small ice pellets on my car top.

We have very small sleet AND freezing drizzle, already. It's 25 degrees. This stuff is freezing on contact. Even light FZDZ or light ZR can really ice things up proper! Maybe this will turn out to be an interesting storm after all!!!!!

I'm definitely NOT so disappointed NOW! Just give me steady freezing drizzle and temps well below freezing all day and all night!!!!!! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! Man I am so damn HAPPY now its unbelievable!!!! I LOVE ICE WITH ALL MY HEART!!!!!! It's soon gonna be time to get out there and SLIDE!!!!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Green returns are forming to my immediate west!!! Even more of my beloved freezing rain and sleet INCOMING!!! At 25 degrees!!!

Archived