• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March to Spring 2015? Models/Forecasts for March in the Valley.

John1122

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS trend this year has been to start in the Lakes far out, drive it way south and east through this term, then trend north in the last 24-36 hours. Just have to see how far South and East this one goes before the North trend. Also handling it very oddly with the L just lingering like a cutoff over South Carolina.

We'll have to see if any consistency emerges over the weekend.  The 0z run of the Ukie which was just barely getting in range at 144, looked pretty good, significant wobble at 12z  That was also a decent shift on the Euro, who knows how it'll flip around over the next few runs.  Maybe in a couple of days the models will have sniffed out the range of possibilities.  It's amazing to me that we even have another system to keep an eye on so soon after the latest shenanigans.  If this settles into a middle TN threat I vote to name the thread "The Jax Jackhammer" lol.

I'm all in,,The Jax Jackhammer,i like it,hopefully it happens :rambo:

Yep, the GFS is maybe 1-3 inches of snow North of 40, but lots of sleet and zr as cold air undercuts the precip field, especially from about the Eastern side of the Plateau and westward.

HP don't dig down this run,If the GFS is right the only thing saving grace is the winds are below 10kts.Big stinkin ice storm either way..sigh

Archived