joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2015 General disco

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All rain here, 36. the orientation of the rain/snow line is funky (raining in Farmington Hills but snowing in Eastpointe) but nothing susprises me with spring. (this is almost like a much lesser, spring version of Feb 20, 2011 when Detroit was blasted with 9-11" snow and Harry got that ice stom). Being as though I will be going to work and it will all melt this afternoon, i wouldnt have really gotten to enjoy it, but it would have been nice to add to the season total so we could hit 50". Already above normal for the 7th of the last 8 winters, but there was so much deep snow this winter its like it deserves to hit 50" :lol: However, we do have a few more snow chances this week it appears.

DTX already addressing Friday (unusual for them to mention something like that this far off, this time of year), and now the euro and GFS want to give more snow Easter Sunday

THE OTHER IMPORTANT MATTER TO HIGHLIGHT IN THIS PACKAGE IS THE
POTENTIAL FOR ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL FRIDAY AFTERNOON/EVENING. MODELS
SOLUTIONS ARE SHOWING STRONG DYNAMIC FORCING STRIPING ACROSS THE
STATE IN RESPONSE TO A TRAILING ZONAL UPPER LEVEL JETLET PUSHING
THROUGH IN A FAVORABLE LOCATION. STRONG LEFT EXIT REGION DYNAMICS
ARE PROGGED FOR THE REGION ALONG WITH A VERY STRONG BAROCLINIC ZONE
IMMEDIATELY TO THE SOUTH AND EAST OF THE STATE. DEFINITELY
INTERESTING. FOR NOW MID TO HIGH CHANCE POPS REMAINS ADEQUATE.

Complete fail here. Rain and slush. Oh well.

Time for this winter to end! I am so ready for warmth. Time for my favorite weather event :Thunderstorms!!!

Being the absolute IMBYer with Thunderstorms that means it is time for me to sign off until next winter. While tracking major snowstorm systems is fun I have no joy tracking thunderstorms on radar hitting somewhere else. If the thunderstorms is not IMBY or I can't chase it then I don't enjoy tracking it at all which I have found doesn't bode well in this forum!!!! Plus during warmer weather I am not online much all compared to winter.

Thanks for putting up with me during this pretty much boring winter. I'll be back once the the snow begins to fall next fall/winter.

Take care all! It's been real and it's been fun. Just can't say this winter was really fun. :P

God Bless

Winter wonderland outside. :) Looks like about 2" down and coming down nicely. Not the huge flakes being described of earlier, but still moderate snow.

Very surprised...model trends yesterday looked like a whiff to the south.

Euro dropping 3"+ across S On come Fri night/Sat morning. If timing stays favourable and the system can wrap up enough CCB moisture we could be in for some april snow.

Pretty pics from central MI. The storm was further north than last minute modeling. I picked up only 0.21" of cold rain here, no snow, and well below model qpf.

the last two winters have been loaded, and I mean LOADED, with picture opportunities. Absolutely gorgeous scenes, including many snowfalls where the conifers were loaded thick with powder. However, one thing lacking has been a thick, flocking, heavy wet snowfall. We had two wet snowfalls flock to the trees this winter (Nov 16 & Jan 29), both around an inch or so of snow. If I recall, the same was seen last year. I believe the last thick flocking wet snows (meaning several+ inches) here was March 2011.

Archived