joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2015 General disco

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah ... nothing to congratulate yet as this will be totally a now-cast event as it gets going.  Small narrow band that we will not know exact location until the event get going.

Yeah the last few HRRR runs are like congrats very south central MI and Indiana! crazy south shift if that is where it goes!

Temps and winds are overperforming big time right now. My thermometer is at 56F, my neighbor's is at 58F, and the winds are gusting well over 40MPH.

Advisory level winds on trash day...fun times picking up pizza boxes, candy wrappers, and newspaper out of the yard over and over again.

That would be nice :weenie:

But I give it a 2% chance of happening that way...

The problem is that the area of precip is so narrow, even if it were to fall mostly as snow, the area that is going to get it is going to be VERY localized.

Reminds me a lot of a warmer, clipper version of that NYE 2008 storm with how tiny and dynamic it is.

Tricky call around SE MI.  850 mb temps are pretty marginal for the bulk of the event especially as you head toward Detroit, which would be easier to get away with earlier in the season.  OTOH, there looks to be a period of heavy precip rates and overnight/morning timing can't hurt.  

This would be crazy. Temp profiles support snow too.

attachicon.gifnam4km_ref_ncus_7.png

I'm going to get up early in the morning like 3-4am to follow this one even though I think it will miss me a bit south.... APX's AFD earlier today was talking about possible TSSN and I can't miss out on a chance at that :D

IMPRESSIVE MID LEVEL F-GENRESPONSE AS THIS FEATURE DIVES QUICKLY SOUTHEAST ACROSS THESOUTHWEST/SOUTHERN PARTS OF OUR AREA. PLENTY OF MOISTURE /NICE TOSEE MORE ROBUST MOISTURE SYSTEMS AGAIN/ WITH SHORTWAVE TAPPINGINTO PWATS NEARING 0.50 INCHES. WE MAY EVEN SEE A CONVECTIVEELEMENT TO THIS SYSTEM WITH MID LEVEL LAPSE RATES ON THE ORDER OF7-8 DEGC/KM...WITH A RUMBLE OF THUNDER NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION. THISWILL BE AN ALL OR NOTHING TYPE OF PRECIPITATION EVENT ACROSS OURAREA WITH INTENSE PRECIPITATION POSSIBLE WITHIN THE F-GENBAND...

We hit 59 yesterday and reached 65 today. Two gorgeous days after Saturday's misery. Looks like we will get into the 70's Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The last time we reached 70+ three days in a row was Oct. 25-28 last year.

Starting to wonder when we will hit 80 for the first time. Last year it was April 1st. This is going to be the third straight March without an 80 degree day. Not surprising as since 2000 we have only recorded a March 80 degree day in 2000, 2004, 2007, 2011, and 2012.

Archived