Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
POLL- Geography of Forum

Zelocita Weather

Geography Of Board within Metro  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you live within the NYC Metro?

• Southern NY State
    • SW/Coastal Connecticut
    • NW New Jersey (Hunterdon, Morris, N Passaic & North)
    • Northeastern NJ (Union North)
    • Within 5 boroughs of NYC
    • Long Island
    • Central NJ (Middlesex, Somerset South)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You consider Butler to be NW NJ? To me NW NJ is Hackettstown and Budd Lake.

just answering his poll question, if u want to get technical id consider my area the central part of northern new jersey.  my back yard is basically western passaic since i border west milford and bloomingdale. if u want to go in terms of climate id say i fit nw jersey more than ne jersey.

Nassau County, Especially Western Half is an extension of Queens.

Actually no...see, there are these things called borders...

just answering his poll question, if u want to get technical id consider my area the central part of northern new jersey.  my back yard is basically western passaic since i border west milford and bloomingdale. if u want to go in terms of climate id say i fit nw jersey more than ne jersey.

Butler is on that dividing line of east and west but usually areas just to the west of the Ramapo reservation have completely different outcomes when it comes to snowstorms. It probably has a lot to do with elevation. I'd probably go with Northwest NJ for Butler as well.

Following weather is apparently the pursuit of the suburbanite. Anybody want to offer a theory as to why this is the case?

Here is an idea, most people that live in NYC don't drive and never leave the five boroughs in a car, so they aren't concerned with driving issues. Plus, snow is a lot more fun when you have a yard to play in. Sure, there are houses in the outer boroughs but I think most New Yorkers consider those areas suburban anyway.

Here is an idea, most people that live in NYC don't drive and never leave the five boroughs in a car, so they aren't concerned with driving issues

But Benjamin Franklin was extremely interested in the weather; and I am almost certain that he was not a licensed driver or even an automobile owner...

My location is the Kansas of Long Island, neither North Shore or South Shore, nor is it east or west.

The Kansas of LI now looks like Queens:

http://longislandcatalog.blogspot.com/2012/06/hempstead-plains.html

EDIT: This browser link works a little weird.  If you get the wrong page, hit the refresh button and you should get the correct page.

Well hopefully this poll has made some people realize that will this is the NYC metro forum, that doesn't mean it's the NYC forum, but rather a much larger area that is centered around NYC. It's more than possible to live in this sub-forum and never set foot in NYC proper.

SNENJ, SWCT, LOWER HUDSON VALLEY, NYC BOROUGHS, HOBOKEN AREA + Western LI are all NYC metro.

Archived