SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a house destroyed in a tornado. Actually 5 hours from now will be exactly 7 years. So I know how horrible it is, but right now my pain is too much to bear. I want to die.

Finally, a good meltdown.  Maybe you should move, say to Indiana.  Oh wait, you'd just turn around before you got there ;).  At least you had a good chase to Bowling Green!

HRRR does show you going to rain/mix but then it shoves the r/s line SE over the next couple of hours simliar to the RAP...has me right on the line, which I am right now, pingers with snow

Thanks man, but I don't have much faith that I'm going to change back to snow to get any meaningful accumulation. I'm going to bed, now that all of the snow I got is all but washed away.

The attacks on social media aimed at meteorologists here in GSP is laughable, people just don't understand how many ways a snow storm can fail in the South, even in a nowcast situation.

However, I will say that like Jshetley said above, I have no idea why Justus and Cessarich from WYFF were still calling for significant snowfall as of 11:30. It was obvious this was a failure, quit trying to act like there are going to be magical accumulations on the backside. I'm a tick NE of Greenville and honestly all the snow I saw tonight was from 5:00-7:00 this evening. It is just raining here now. They need to admit it was a flop and I'm okay with that, we were all misled by the models.

I'm going to move to California so I don't ever have to think about weather again.

This is the last time I fall for any high accumulations bc they just don't happen. EVER! I don't care if the models show 2 feet for 15 straight days. Repeat after me. IT IS NOT HAPPENING! This is worse than last year. Just one epic bust after the other.

The funny thing is, this winter has sucked monkey bal!s! But the Monday ice event, yesterday's tiny event, and today's butt dumpster fire, 95% of us have now had about an inch or two, so we don't have a skunk ! This winter will go down as the winter of analog fails, models sucking worse than ever, and Dumb and Dumber 2!!

Pretty hilarious that schools cancelled so early. The roads are basically clear now. Well except for the moderate rain falling on them.

Saddest part:

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Gov. Nikki Haley has issued a state of emergency for 31 counties in South Carolina as forecasters predict several inches of snow in the Upstate.

The funny thing is, this winter has sucked monkey bal!s! But the Monday ice event, yesterday's tiny event, and today's butt dumpster fire, 95% of us have now had about an inch or two, so we don't have a skunk ! This winter will go down as the winter of analog fails, models sucking worse than ever, and Dumb and Dumber 2!!

Its just raining here now man...lol

Unbelievable... well, i take that back, totally believable..

There are areas in Alabama that are further south than you that got close to a foot. How are you too far south ?

Big snows are way more common in N AL and N MS than they are in N GA or Upstate SC, the exception being NE GA mountains.  N MS and AL are more prone to upper lows and also the cold air cuts in there alot faster from the north than it does into GA and SC.

Meteorologists, especially in this area, should really think about tempering their forecasts.  Posting a 7-10 inch swath of accumulations over the entire mecklenburg county was posting pretty much the extreme possibility if everything went right.  Too many forecasters do this in order to induce clicks on their websites and viewers to their station.  I've lost alot of respect for Brad Panovich over this one storm.  For him to do that and then afterwards when his forecast busted come around and say, "well, i did say be cautious".  Yeah, but your big ass picture forecast showed the entire county in 7-10 inch land.  Say whatever you want to say, we have visible proof of what you said was going to happen and you weren't even close.  The time for excuses is way past.  Own up that you f'd up and do better next time.  Theres no reason to post the absolute highest possible amount.  Its stupid and gets the kind of attention that hes receiving right now.

There are areas in Alabama that are further south than you that got close to a foot. How are you too far south ?

Its not reality to think we get big snows here. Just doesnt happen often at this latitude--almost never.

You need to be in Virginia or North of there to really expect to see decent snow events year in and year out. I'm just venting because i know there is a huge difference between where i live now and where i am from.

We can't even have a proper ice storm around here anymore.  I thought we were going to get nailed with freezing rain yet somehow a cold nose works in and its mostly sleet.  Yet when I need cold for snow, it is nowhere to be found.  Speaking of, what the hell happened to the parade of HP that were being modeled?  Ever year it seems as if they are getting worse.  I don't understand where these high verification scores come from, but it's certainly not mby.

We can't even have a proper ice storm around here anymore.  I thought we were going to get nailed with freezing rain yet somehow a cold nose works in and its mostly sleet.  Yet when I need cold for snow, it is nowhere to be found.  Speaking of, what the hell happened to the parade of HP that were being modeled?  Ever year it seems as if they are getting worse.  I don't understand where these high verification scores come from, but it's certainly not mby.

That 1040mb High is modeled to come in around the weekend. NO JOKE.

The attacks on social media aimed at meteorologists here in GSP is laughable, people just don't understand how many ways a snow storm can fail in the South, even in a nowcast situation.

That's just it!  The average person who aren't a part of these forums on a consistent basis do not know how snow storms can fall apart.  So, they automatically think meteorologists aren't smart or have a clue.

I started to gain a newfound respect for mets, once I somewhat educated myself on these weather forums.  I generally tell people that it's not as easy, as they may think it seem.  Especially, when it comes to snow storms in the south.  Even more so, on a tricky or complicated system.  

Also, as I'm going full meltdown, I'll add that I don't give a f*** how hard it is to predict winter weather in the SE. I could flip a coin and seemingly be right more often. My father has said this since I was 5 years old.

Maybe we should compare this more to MLB hitters, because if I was wrong this percentage of time in my career, I would be fired over and over and over again. A .333 batting average gets you into the MLB HOF though.

It is disappointing to say the least. I think we need to temper our expectations a lot down here. I'm learning that now.

To those whom winter weather and snow is very important, you need to move further North--simple as that i guess.

This storm is going to verify for very few people.  But you bet your ass that the meteorologists will thump their chest about those areas that were right and make excuses for the ones that were wrong.

Archived