• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

Can someone tell me why this started off as moderate snow for me and then switched to sleet? Purely rates? There shouldn't be strong WAA yet, should there be?

Same thing happened here. Snow to sleet to sleet/rain mix. It was snowing pretty good too. I got excited thinking it was starting a lot sooner than expected. Now I'm worried it might be over for Lee County.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me why this started off as moderate snow for me and then switched to sleet? Purely rates? There shouldn't be strong WAA yet, should there be?

Waa FTL ! Just showed a thing on TWC , said warm air was flooding north due to the dynamic storm! Thank god I see a dryslot near ATL ! Can't wait for this crapfest to be done!

noaa has been all over the map today, seemingly switching every hour. Since 10 AM, i have been forcasted to get: 3-5, 4-8, 5-9, 4-8, 5-9, 7-11, 5-9 and now 6-10. lol.

You're right.  I've noticed that, too.  They've been changing all day long.  They should save themselves the trouble and just post 1" to 11".

Its rate driven but you would think it would be rain or snow.....don't worry you will be getting hammered soon, its been all snow here and we are getting pounded at the moment wont take long to get a bunch if we could keep this up for awhile and radar look good.

For those of you guys that are getting snow. Congrats and ENJOY! I know it's doesn't happen often down there.

I haven't actually seen anyone getting snow.  It's "big, fat flakes", with rain and sleet across the entire SE board.... so far.

Energy is transferring well east visa being robbed, again, along the Gulf Coast.

Its rate driven but you would think it would be rain or snow.....don't worry you will be getting hammered soon, its been all snow here and we are getting pounded at the moment wont take long to get a bunch if we could keep this up for awhile and radar look good.

I don't know man. The big over performing warm nose is coming. The only hope is if Stormsfury is right and this thing forms farther south and east. Maybe it can drag the warm air SE, but probably not.

Waa FTL ! Just showed a thing on TWC , said warm air was flooding north due to the dynamic storm! Thank god I see a dryslot near ATL ! Can't wait for this crapfest to be done!

LOL.  I agree!  I won't have to sit up all night in front of the 'puter, checking radars ever 5 min., with the flood lights on...  looking for snow outside my window.  

I'll be good for spring on Friday!

Archived