• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

I'm just inside New 2's "area to watch" by a couple miles.  WINNING.  Looks like WXII 12 has me in the 6-10" while FOX 8 still appears to have 4-6" for most of the viewing area (unless they updated that for the 6 PM news, but haven't changed it yet?).

did you happen to notice what they showed for Surry County?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just returned home from downtown and I didn't see anything either.

What's up with RAH cutting GSO's projected totals?  We're down to 3" to 7" tonight.  Temperatures?

My point forecast still shows 4-8" tonight and up to 1/2" tomorrow, which I think is what they've had all day.  Frankly, the point forecasts aren't very good, anyways, so I probably wouldn't worry too much about it.

I am by the Palladium, there is nothing at all yet but I didn't expect anything so early anyways.

I live by the Rush/Gold's Gym where Piedmont Parkway and Wendover come together.  Cool!  Good luck!

Well we got to toe that line to get the big snows...LOL!  This last little jog north on the models sucks!  We were close before and I'm afraid we're going to have major mixing issues now.  It always seems the WAA is stronger than modeled here.

Yeah, we were playing with fire and we got burned again, but it will be a win if we stay frozen, big IF though.

My point forecast still shows 4-8" tonight and up to 1/2" tomorrow, which I think is what they've had all day.  Frankly, the point forecasts aren't very good, anyways, so I probably wouldn't worry too much about it.

I live by the Rush/Gold's Gym where Piedmont Parkway and Wendover come together.  Cool!  Good luck!

I live about four and half miles northeast of you as the crow flies.

This storm is stupid. Sleet with 2 snowflakes mixed in! Most amazing fetch of moisture ever seen for a winter storm, temp 36 so can't even get crust from the sleet ! Our 3-5 is going to bust hard! 1 inch of slush at best! That stupid rap keeps showing like 12-15 inches, somebody tell me the warm nose is about to be gone!??? Please

Small world..just a short drive down Wendover away 

Well, I think I'm out. Unless something dramatically changes in the next few hours, there won't be more than a trace-1/2" of snow inside the perimeter. FFC went for 1-3", the models were anywhere from nada (CMC/RGEM) to 5" (GFS), in-house broadcast models were T-2". Terrible. I expect to be downgraded to a special weather statement for black ice sometime tonight, unless FFC puts out one of their forecast discussions keeping the warnings as is.  :arrowhead:

But hey, who needs snow when you have black ice, right?  :axe:

Of course, the only "good" thing to come out of this is the fact that ATL organizations and schools are still incredibly trigger-happy on closings, considering 1/28/14 and the botched closing Tuesday in Cobb County. #RainDay2015, indeed.

Now watch our bad luck continue and we get hammered by severe weather next week. Our seven-year streak of no ITP tornadoes is going to end, because after all, it's not like the weather is done screwing with us.

If I turn out to be wrong on our (lack of) snow potential tonight, don't remind me. Anyway, superjames1992, this was a great idea for a thread! Giving us a place for the pessimistic, moderate, and weenieish people to rant about this storm was a genius idea.

So for the RDU crowd, are we all jumping off the cliff and saying "wet roads" tomorrow, or are we griping because this is 6" instead of 12"?

You guys need to enjoy your snow, no matter if it's 6" or 12".

This storm is stupid. Sleet with 2 snowflakes mixed in! Most amazing fetch of moisture ever seen for a winter storm, temp 36 so can't even get crust from the sleet ! Our 3-5 is going to bust hard! 1 inch of slush at best! That stupid rap keeps showing like 12-15 inches, somebody tell me the warm nose is about to be gone!??? Please

It's truly amazing the difference in my backyard and yours. Started as snow here and still snowing. Big flakes and heavy snow at times.

I might be 6-7 miles from you.

Archived